Sengled Zigbee Bulbs don't work properly

OK I am confused then. Sorry.
Both bindings use the same busy, excellent developer.

It means that the stick is unable to communicate with the devices.

No - this report is coming from the stick. It is reporting that it is not able to communicate with the devices. I can’t really say why without more information (Eg a sniffer log). Maybe restarting the devices might help sort out the mesh - it’s hard to say as I’ve got no information on which to advise you - sorry.

I literally just got another SDcard and installed hassio on it, and the bulbs (without even adding them) are showing up and working. I have other issues with Home Assistant which is why I stopped using it.

I think that proves the stick can communicate fine if the correct commands are being sent; I would suggest the openhab binding has a flaw in it, considering hassio can use the same devices on the same stick with no changes.

Please take a look at the logs. They clearly show that the stick is reporting that it is not communicating. I don’t know why that is and can really only repeat what is said above.

I welcome your further inputs on the issue. Currently we support thousands of users commercially and this works well. I accept that all software has some bugs, so please provide further information and I’ll be happy to take another look.

Resurrecting this topic now that I’ve upgraded to OH3.

As soon as I upgraded to OH3, the two GE bulbs that were stuck at “Unknown status - discovery not completed” both just started working and were fully discovered.

I’ve done additional testing with 2 different models of Sengled bulbs, which still get stuck at unknown, and one type of Hue bulb that will discover fully, show the channels available, but then never actually let me control them.

I’m at even more of a loss now, because I can’t seem to enable verbose DEBUG logging on OH3 (I don’t know how to enable on the bindings for zigbee).

At this point I just want my zigbee stuff fixed so it doesn’t keep happening, and would be happy to pay someone something (or donate it to the OH project) if they could remote into my Mac using teamviewer or something, and then SSH to my RaspPi 4

Debug logging should be exactly the same in OH3 as in OH2. There are instructions in the binding docs, but I know you’ve done this before, so it should be the same.

log:set debug ...

Ok was able to get the zigbee binding to show in the log:list and set it along with the item added events to DEBUG. I took out a brand new Hue Zigbee + Bluetooth bulb, and searched for new zigbee devices. After about 10 seconds the bulb was found, about 1 minute later the bulb flashed twice which means its bound. Now I can see the channels for the thing and add them, but once in the UI, it does nothing when you turn off or on.

Logs while adding are here:

18:16:25.247 [INFO ] [ocontrol.internal.WebSocketConnection] - Web Socket close 1006. Reason: Disconnected
18:16:27.163 [INFO ] [gbee.discovery.ZigBeeDiscoveryService] - 00178801095B7B66: Starting ZigBee device discovery
18:16:27.181 [INFO ] [ig.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zigbee:device:bf9f1ab6:00178801095b7b66' to inbox.
18:16:27.183 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxAddedEvent        ] - Discovery Result with UID 'zigbee:device:bf9f1ab6:00178801095b7b66' has been added.
18:16:28.067 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'bluetooth:generic:hci0:cce4655dee4c' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE
18:16:28.363 [INFO ] [gbee.discovery.ZigBeeDiscoveryService] - 00178801095B7B66: Starting ZigBee device discovery
18:16:38.218 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'bluetooth:generic:hci0:cce4655dee4c' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
18:17:06.517 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'bluetooth:generic:hci0:cce4655dee4c' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE
18:17:06.846 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'bluetooth:generic:hci0:cce4655dee4c' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
18:17:17.746 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxRemovedEvent      ] - Discovery Result with UID 'zigbee:device:bf9f1ab6:00178801095b7b66' has been removed.
18:17:17.804 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'zigbee:device:bf9f1ab6:00178801095b7b66' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
18:17:17.830 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'zigbee:device:bf9f1ab6:00178801095b7b66' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
18:17:21.525 [INFO ] [openhab.event.FirmwareStatusInfoEvent] - Firmware status of thing zigbee:device:bf9f1ab6:00178801095b7b66 changed to UNKNOWN.
18:17:23.367 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'zigbee:device:bf9f1ab6:00178801095b7b66' changed from UNKNOWN to ONLINE

After this, the bulb seems to have gone haywire, and is possibly flashing in a sequence of morse code :wink:

Any ideas?

Randomly 10 minutes later I can now add the bulb as equipment, but there is a massive delay in controlling it. Basically when I change the level from 100% to say 50%, the bulb flashes twice, then slowly dims. Set back to 100% and nothing happens for about 45 seconds, then it flashes and goes back up.
Really weird experiences.

Going to try a fresh install of OH3 to a new SD card and go again.

Just an update: After a fresh install of OH3, all of the 3 types of Sengled bulbs and the GE bulbs all recognize within 10 seconds.

I had to spend about 3 hours re-adding all the zigbee devices manually and the zwave stuff just showed up but didn’t know where each item was.

Now I’ll need to rebuild all my maps, automation and stuff, but at least the zwave and zigbee windings work well again.

Gooodnight!