Serial binding not working anymore Openhab 2.4

Hi all,

I have problems installing the serial bindings in Openhab 2.4.
I had it running before in Openhab 2.2 in both a Windows PC and a Solidrun Cubox ( with debian ), and I was able to see data coming from an Arduino based Mysensors gateway.

Now I did a fresh installation in both,and when i attempt to install the serial binding the progress indicator spins forever. If I restart, the binding is marked as installed but does not show up in the bindings.
I have already tried the solution here:Openhab 2.1.0 - Bindings installation problems with no result.

Can anybody give a suggestion?

Thank you,

Vittorio

Sorry, say that again?

I apologize for the confusing syntax.
What I mean is: if I stop Openhab, even if the serial binding installation indicator is still spinning, at the Openhab restart the serial binding is marked as installed in the add on binding list, but I cannot find it in the binding section of the configuration page.
As I said, this was working with OpenHAB 2.2 whit the exactly same hardware.

The serial binding is a 1.x binding and needs to be configured with a .cfg file. Only 2.x bindings appear in the paperUI.
See the binding docs for the config

Thanks, I will.
So the "forever spinning " installation progress indicator is normal?

I wouldn’t call it “normal” but it has happened to me with different bindings and different OH versions.
I give it 5 minutes, reboot, and all seems to have worked out.

It happens to me to. Wait a minute and refresh the page

I’m a newbie and just installed OH2 and I’m having the issue when installing the serial binding. it spins and does nothing. Is the a manual process for installing it

I see this error in the Log. I have denon and serial1 in my addons.cfg
binding = denon , lgwebos , ntp , seria1 , wol1 , tcp1

2019-07-12 13:19:51.496 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-denon, openhab-binding-seria1’
2019-07-12 13:20:51.510 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-denon, openhab-binding-seria1’

Sorry to waste your time…when I copied the text to the note area I realized I had denon and it is denon1 and for serial I was missing the L.

Thanks

1 Like