Serial binding on rpi

I need all the lines that are related to GenericItemProvider and the Serial Binding. If you put the Serial Binding into TRACE or DEBUG logging mode there should be a ton of logging statements from the binding.

Ok. Here is DEBUG logs before error mesages.

2016-07-15 08:51:34.085 [DEBUG] [o.b.s.internal.SerialActivator] - Serial binding has been started.
2016-07-15 08:53:38.253 [DEBUG] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Start processing binding configuration of Item 'Arduino (Type=StringItem, State=Uninitialized)' with 'SerialBinding' reader.
2016-07-15 08:53:38.430 [ERROR] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'serial' of item \u2018Arduino\u2018 could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: Could not open serial port /dev/ttyACM0: Serial port '/dev/ttyACM0' could not be found. Available ports are:

I’m really appreciate your help, Rich. Thanks!

Hello!
Have you got it to work?
I’m on the same issue!
Thanks!
Simon

Somehow I missed this. I’m afraid I don’t have any further advice. Just to make sure that /dev/ttyAMC0 exists, that the openhab user has read/write permission on it, and something else doesn’t have a lock on it.

The hardware I using ODROID C2 is a brand new with arm64 architecture. I think, this issue is somewhat about how a drivers is assigned for Arduino’s usb-serial converter and how Openhab using it.
I’ve tried write a rule in /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usb-serial.rules for permission 666 to ttyACM0: KERNEL=="ttyACM*", MODE:="0666"
After that it was no error message at Openhab start about ttyACM0 but however it cann’t connect to Arduino. Neither command sending and receiving.
At the same time the Arduino IDE can connect and transmitting messages to Arduino with no problem every time. Even when Openhab is running. Its mean that Openhab not really connected to serial ttyACM0 and not maked him busy for other processes.
I’ll try to use Openhab2 and see how it will working.

Finally I got it working!
As I mentioned, and its reported in topic 64 bit ARM serial, the issue is in serial driver library in Java JDK for arm64 architecture.
I’ve installed Java arm32 (as mentioned in topic above) and run Openhab on it and vualah! All is fine now!