Serial Binding only persisting "0" to influx

How can i configure an item just for “ON”?

In the serial binding configuration that you showed us, there are ON and OFF components. I would think you can leave one out or set one to nonsense so that it never happens.

But there’s no point in doing that unless the dummy item time-stretcher fixes your actual problem. You didn’t say.

I have real doubts your serial binding is doing what you think anyway. To flip your switch on and off in one millisecond, a single message (single character?) is activating both. Aren’t you curious about that?

The ON/OFF setting is just a mapping. The item works without these parameters also.

I havent tried persisting an dummy item, so i couldnt say. But i will as you suggested.

It is just a simple Serial/USB converter. The impulse water meter shortcuts pins 2 and 7. I just configured as the documentation states:

the item will update its state to ON or OFF whenever data becomes available on the serial interface (or simply by short-cutting pins 2 and 7 on the RS-232 interface)

Ahh, that feature. Folk complain they can’t even make that work - perhaps it is the binding itself that gives such a brief event, and that is their problem
Yes, I do not think the on/off mappings are needed for this use.
It follows then, that you can’t remove the OFF binding and so are compelled to use a proxy Item for any pulse stretching attempt.