Hey, ive been stuck on this for a few hours trying to add my zwave stick to a new install of openhabian
I have in paper UI gone to configure the addon by adding a “thing” but when I try to add the serial port as:
it says that it is offline.
I read somewhere that I need to ensure that the pi is a member of the dialout group and confirmed that it was.
I am pretty sure this is where my zwave stick is plugged in to my RPI2, as this is the port that disconnects when i remove the stick.
I have had this zwave network up and running in the past using domoticz and even using an older version of habmin so am a bit confused on where to go next.
i also have /dev/ttyAMA0 but am sure it is not connected to this one. Unless it is? I am a bit stumped on what to do next.
It is an Aeon labs 5th Gen
I think there are already a number of threads that probably relate to this -:
Hi all, I've updated my openhabian with "openhabian-config". Since then is the z-stick no longer online. After several hours trying I reinstalled everything. Still no luck. Any ideas
What I did so far: 1) used the openhabian image 1.0 (openhabian-ua-netinst-20161216-git52cc420.img) 2) installed the Z-Wave binding in the Paper UI 3) checked which port with "ls /dev/tty*" appears, when the Aeo Gen5 stick is pluged in. It is "/dev/ttyACM0" 4) set the serial parameter in the Paper UI "/dev/ACM0".
I am using a Aeon Gen 5 Z-Stick successfully with OH1. I am working to migrate to OH2 (online build, installed via apt-get), and continuously receive this error in the logs:
2016-12-25 17:39:36.548 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:serial_zstick:159387b2735' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline
2016-12-25 17:39:36.645 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:serial_zstick:159387b2735' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline…
Hey Chris I read that first post you linked but I couldn’t see any reply. Is this most likely that the user pi doesn’t have permission to access the USB serial port?
i just updated my openhab 2 and had the same issue after the update finished (running openhab on a PI2). I searched the net and stumpled over
Issue #60 on the nrjavaserial github project. It’s about a change for creating lock files in the correct folder, which was introduced in 3.12.0
So i installed the library “liblockdev” (
sudo apt-get install liblockdev1) mentioned in the thread above and restarted openhab and my zwave controller is now online again!
That fixed it! Ill have a read on what the library liblockdev actually does…
Worked for me too on a new pi3 + openHABian. Will be watching posts to see if this is the “permanent” fix.
The serial lib change has been
reverted recently. The next build should use the old nrjavaserial package again.