Serial Port configuration

Hello my fellow OpenHab Users

I moved from my old Raspberry 3 to an new Raspberry 4 and so i used Openhabian with OpenHab3.

So far i really like the new version and everthin works as before or even better. :slight_smile:

But i have one thing that won’t work: RaZberry and the Serial configuration

When i use openhabian-config and choose both options

(RPi) Disable serial console
(RPi3/4) move Bluetooth to mini UART
then after a reboot openhab keeps restarting but in the short period it is running i can see that /dev/ttyAMA0 is useable and recognized in Openhab.

When i just choose

(RPi3/4) move Bluetooth to mini UART
and reboot, OpenHab runs stable again but no /dev/ttyAMA0 is useable.

Does anyone of you have the same problem? Or do you see what i’m doing wrong?

best regards

Flo

How do you know that is the port used? Did you run dmesg | grep tty to see what devices the OS sees?

does the syslog give any hint about the reason for the reboots ?

Yes, that is what i tried and this is what i get

[ 1.329118] fe201000.serial: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0xfe201000 (irq = 29, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
[ 1.337297] fe215040.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x0 (irq = 30, base_baud = 62500000) is a 16550

1 Like

The only thing i see at the time it stops is:

ec 23 22:25:49 OpenHabPi frontail[368]: tail: auf ‘/var/log/openhab/openhab.log’ kann nicht mehr zugegriffen werden
Dec 23 22:25:49 OpenHabPi frontail[368]: : Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Dec 23 22:25:49 OpenHabPi frontail[368]: tail: ‘/var/log/openhab/openhab.log’ ist aufgetaucht; folge der neuen Datei
Dec 23 22:25:50 OpenHabPi frontail[368]: tail: auf ‘/var/log/openhab/events.log’ kann nicht mehr zugegriffen werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Dec 23 22:25:50 OpenHabPi frontail[368]: tail: ‘/var/log/openhab/events.log’ ist aufgetaucht; folge der neuen Datei

Is /var/log/openhab.log writable by the openhab user?

that is the content of the openhab.log and events.log file. I was more refering to the linux /var/log/syslog file as this contains logs from the complete system.

This is the /var/log/syslog
I will give it another try when i’m at home ich pusch a “whole run” of syslog from start to the “openhab cicle”.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

you are right. I am sorry for that.