Set audio output of LG webos

I want to be able to set the audio output of an LG webos TV. Know someone like doing it using the binding.

For me it is nto clear what you want to achieve.
Do you want to set the volume ? Do you want to switch to a different HDMI channel or something ( what ) else ?

On LG TVs you can select de input channel (HDMI, RCA…) and you can select de audio Output (Internal speaker, Digital audio, bluetooth… Then i want select de audio output.

According to the description/docs of the binding this seems not to be possible.
In case you would use the remote control to achieve this which buttons would you have to press ?

There is an android app which seems to support the following buttons for LG webos:

3D
APPS
BACK
BLUE
CHANNEL_DOWN
CHANNELS
CHANNEL_UP
DOWN
EXIT
FASTFORWARD
GREEN
HOME
INPUT
KBD
LEFT
MENU
MUTE
PAUSE
PLAY
POWER
REC
RED
REWIND
RIGHT
STOP
UP
VOL_DOWN
VOL
VOL_UP
WHEEL
YELLOW

My suggestion would be to try if these buttons can be used to switch the audio output to the desired one.

the problem is that depending on the output that is selected at that moment, the key combination of the remote control is different and makes reliable programming impossible.

• What happens if the wrong key combination would be used ?
  • Is it possible to query the current state ?

I think it is not possible to consult it. It is a pity that it does not incorporate that channel, doing tests in Home Assistant if it has this possibility and it was very useful to me.

Then my suggestion would be to raise a request to add this functionality.
I tried to have a look into how that is done with HA but I was not able to figure out how that service stuff works.
Just in case you would try something else have a look at GitHub - supersaiyanmode/PyWebOSTV: Python API for controlling LG TVs (Web OS) . As far as I understand that python module overs the possibility to switch the output. That could be integrated into a rule.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.