Set switch mqtt read-only mode

sorry I do not understand

Typed out from your own screenshot -

Type switch : state "state" [stateTopic="controller_garage/sensor/state", on="on", off="off"]

That’s a channel to put in your xxx.things file.

You would also need to make a Switch type Item in your xxx.items file, and you would include a link to your new switch channel in that Item. Do you need help with that? You seem to have managed okay for other topics, channels, and Items.

I made the change but still does not work
all other channels work
you can help me?

Well, it didn’t work at first when you tried it as a string either. Then, you found something and changed it. I don’t know what that was, you kept it a secret. You should try it again, whatever it was.

Have you looked in your events.log ?

Repeatedly editing the same Things is likely to confuse the binding, I would restart it (or the whole system) after you have set things to your best effort.

if I use string we see the output on openhab
if I use switch it doesn’t work

if you notice when it worked I used the string command

in the logs no report on the topic

It works for everyone else. You do have to get all of the small details correct at the same time.
You’ve not mentioned if you tried restarting the binding.
You’ve not mentioned if you actually have a Switch type Item now.
You’ve not mentioned if you have checked if you have any other MQTT channels named state.
Yes I did notice it worked when when you used a string channel. That’s why I suggested that you try it as a string channel, to prove that your stateTopic actually works. At first, that didn’t work for you. What you did then to make it work is still a secret from us.

Good luck.

Try all these channels -

Type string : stateraw "state" [stateTopic="controller_garage/sensor/state"]
Type switch : statesw "state" [stateTopic="controller_garage/sensor/state"]
Type switch : statemap "state" [stateTopic="controller_garage/sensor/state", on="on", off="off"]

with all these Items -

String stateraw "raw payload" {channel="mqtt:topic:embedded-mqtt-broker:mqtt_power:stateraw"}
Switch statesw "switch payload" {channel="mqtt:topic:embedded-mqtt-broker:mqtt_power:statesw"}
Switch statemap "mapped payload" {channel="mqtt:topic:embedded-mqtt-broker:mqtt_power:statemap"}

and if you watch your events log, you should be able to see what does and does happen.

Type switch : statemap "state" [stateTopic="controller_garage/sensor/state", on="on", off="off"]
Switch statemap "mapped payload" {channel="mqtt:topic:embedded-mqtt-broker:mqtt_power:statemap"}

now all works!!!
Cattura
thank you for your time
you have been very helpful
:+1:

info: if I change the value statemap in state, I receive many errors from OpenWebNet Binding.