Set temp using NeoHub binding in BasicUI

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: raspi4
    • Java Runtime Environment: 11
    • openHAB version: openHAB 3.2.0
  • Issue of the topic: I can’t set the thermostat temperature using the NeoHub, only graph past temperatures.
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue: NeoHub, NeoStat

Hi, I’ve set up my NeoHub and I can read temperatures from connected NeoStats without difficulty. However, using OpenHab 3 and the built-in GUI config screens, I can’t figure out what settings to use in order to produce controls to actually set the target temperature channel. No matter what I do, I get a graph display of past temps, instead of a control that shows me the current target temp and a way to move it up or down.

I think I have tried most combinations of Point or SetPoint for “semantic class” in the BasicUI editor (doing “Create Equipment from Thing” as suggested in the OH3 tutorial).

Searching on this subject yielded a closed pull request (Fix changing temperature via Basic UI by chris922 · Pull Request #2165 · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub) which seemed to suggest that last summer there was a problem in BasicUI which caused it to not display controls due to some kind of unit / label problem. But that was merged quite a while ago.

At this point, I am not very sure if this is a NeoHub binding problem or a BasicUI problem. Or it could just as easily be a “me” problem :slight_smile: if I simply have the equipment configured incorrectly.

What is that? I think you may be muddled about BasicUI legacy from OH2 (which uses sitemaps and knows nothing about semantics), and MainUI the primary tool for OH3.

I think you just need to change your Item’s default widget to a slider or stepper.

Hi @rossko57 you are right. As soon as I posted, I did one more search, and of course it gave the right answer, which was as you say, “change it to a stepper”:

It’s working very well. Thanks for the tip!