Troubles setting up KNX Daikin AC

• Platform information: Raspberry PI 3+ Openhabian 2.3

Hi, I’m a bit new to the OH and I’m having some trouble setting up my Daikin Air Con (uses Klic DD to interface the splits with KNX). I only managed to turn the split on and off.

This is the Klic DD manual link
Klic DD Manual
but the relevant config is this:

Basically I’ve got the ETS setup like this:

This is how its setup on OH items:
Switch FF_MasterBedroom_AC “AC ON/OFF [%d]” {autoupdate=“true”,knx=“1/6/2+<1/6/6”}
Number FF_MasterBedroom_AC_Temp “Temperature[%d]” {autoupdate=“true”,knx=“1/6/10+<1/6/14”}
Number FF_MasterBedroom_AC_Mode “Mode [%d]” {knx=“1/6/26+<1/6/30”}
Number FF_MasterBedroom_AC_Fan “Fan Speed[%d]” {autoupdate=“true”,knx=“1/6/18+<1/6/22”}
Number FF_MasterBedroom_Swing “Swing ON/OFF [%d]” {knx=“1/6/34+<1/6/38”}

Sitemap configuration:
Default item=FF_MasterBedroom_AC label= “AC Power”
Switch item=FF_MasterBedroom_AC_Mode mappings=[0=“Auto”, 1=“Heat”, 3=“Cool”, 9=“Fan”, 14=“Dry” ]
Setpoint item=FF_MasterBedroom_AC_Temp minValue=18 maxValue=28 step=1 icon=“temperature”
Switch item=FF_MasterBedroom_AC_Fan mappings=[0=“Auto”, 20=“Min”, 60=“Mid”, 100=“Max”]
Switch item=FF_MasterBedroom_AC_Swing

Any ideas where I’m failing??

So: You can send telegrams from OH2 (version2) with KNX binding (version?) to the KNX Bus
but… you get no telegrams from KNX to OH2…
correct?

post your knx.cfg plz
and enable TRACE on the binding from the console:

log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.knx
log:set TRACE tuwien.auto.calimero

Hi Dim
I’m using the old binding
KNX Binding (1.x)
binding-knx1 - 1.12.0.SNAPSHOT
I never updated to the new 2.3.0 binding because everything else in knx has been working (lights, shutters, sensors)
Regarding accessing the console… thats another thing I never managed to do remotely with windows 10 :frowning:

by default remote access to the console is disabled
either log in locally to your rPi3 and access it or modify the config file to allow remote ssh connection to it

Ok I managed to access the console and typed in the commands you mentioned, although I just noticed that for some reason im not getting logs on my browser using http://openhabianpi:9001 anymore :frowning:
so i just did a log:display and I got the following errors relevant to this subject:

21:18:01.315 [WARN ] [nal.bus.KNXBindingDatapointReaderTask] - Autorefresh: Cannot read value for item 'FF_Office_AC_Temp' from KNX bus: timeout waiting for group read response: timeout
21:18:01.317 [WARN ] [nal.bus.KNXBindingDatapointReaderTask] - Autorefresh: Give up, could not read address '1/4/13' after '3' retries.
21:18:09.923 [WARN ] [r.internal.protocol.xml.XMLConnection] - post failed on: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><System><Config>GetParam</Config></System></YAMAHA_AV>
21:18:11.388 [WARN ] [nal.bus.KNXBindingDatapointReaderTask] - Autorefresh: Cannot read value for item 'FF_MasterBedroom_Plug' from KNX bus: timeout waiting for group read response: timeout
21:18:11.391 [WARN ] [nal.bus.KNXBindingDatapointReaderTask] - Autorefresh: Give up, could not read address '1/5/6' after '3' retries.
21:34:44.686 [DEBUG] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Bridge knx:ip:b57cac8d is disconnecting from the KNX bus
21:34:44.690 [DEBUG] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Bridge knx:ip:b57cac8d is connecting to the KNX bus
21:34:44.693 [DEBUG] [.binding.knx.internal.client.IPClient] - Establishing connection to KNX bus on 192.168.1.96:3671 in mode TUNNEL.
21:34:44.702 [DEBUG] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Error connecting to the bus: on connect to /192.168.1.96:3671
tuwien.auto.calimero.exception.KNXException: on connect to /192.168.1.96:3671
    at tuwien.auto.calimero.knxnetip.ClientConnection.connect(ClientConnection.java:176) ~[?:?]
    at tuwien.auto.calimero.knxnetip.KNXnetIPTunnel.<init>(KNXnetIPTunnel.java:131) ~[?:?]
    at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.IPClient.getConnection(IPClient.java:106) ~[?:?]
    at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.IPClient.createKNXNetworkLinkIP(IPClient.java:89) ~[?:?]
    at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.IPClient.establishConnection(IPClient.java:76) ~[?:?]
    at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.connect(AbstractKNXClient.java:190) ~[?:?]
    at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.lambda$0(AbstractKNXClient.java:149) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address (Bind failed)
    at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
    at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:93) ~[?:?]
    at java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(DatagramSocket.java:392) ~[?:?]
    at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init>(DatagramSocket.java:242) ~[?:?]
    at tuwien.auto.calimero.knxnetip.ClientConnection.connect(ClientConnection.java:150) ~[?:?]
21:34:44.753 [DEBUG] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Bridge knx:ip:b57cac8d is disconnecting from the KNX bus

KNX1 or KNX2 ? :slight_smile:

Did you try to configure KNX2 at some moment? maybe you have conflicting configs in your system

Post your knx.cfg plz

The communication to the Tunnel is not working ok

I have installed the new binding but later on decided against it and uninstalled it.
Here is my knx.cfg

ip=192.168.1.96
ignorelocalevents=true
type=TUNNEL
localIp=192.168.1.183
autoReconnectPeriod=10
maxRefreshQueueEntries=10000

most likely you have some stale configs hanging around

add the following line (as a first line) to your knx.cfg and check the logs again

pid:org.openhab.knx

I get this on the log
21:56:29.352 [WARN ] [ig.dispatch.internal.ConfigDispatcher] - Could not parse line ‘pid:org.openhab.knx’

strange… I will make a note of this and check it myself at a later time

ok… try the following: from the console:

config:list "(service.pid=org.openhab.knx)"

Did you use PaperUI to configure KNX2 or you used a *.things file?
If PaperUI: check file /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json for old KNX2 entries. You should remove the KNX2 things from your system.

it works on my system

make sure that you wrote it correctly

pid:org.openhab.knx
00:05:01.370 [WARN ] [ig.dispatch.internal.ConfigDispatcher] - The file /etc/openhab2/services/knx.cfg subsequently defines the exclusive PID 'org.openhab.knx'. Overriding existing configuration now.

I’m literally copy/pasting that to my editor, see the screegrab

no empty first line and make sure that there are no other characters at the end of the line (spaces, etc)

openhab> config:list “(service.pid=org.openhab.knx)”

Pid: org.openhab.knx
BundleLocation: mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.knx/1.12.0-SNAPSHOT
Properties:
autoReconnectPeriod = 10
busaddr = 1.1.2
ignorelocalevents = true
ip = 192.168.1.96
localIp = 192.168.1.183
maxRefreshQueueEntries = 10000
port = 3671
service.pid = org.openhab.knx
type = TUNNEL

I used paper UI
How can I find that file ?

Did you delete the KNX2 stuff from PaperUI?
Logs still report Bridge knx:ip:b57cac8d

check also from the console:

bundle:list -s |grep knx

Ps: Use code fences (the button </> on the editor) to post outputs/logs/configs

Yes I still had a knx thing lurking, removed it now. Did another log bellow after

22:15:09.868 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'knx:ip:b57cac8d' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): on connect to /192.168.1.96:3671 to REMOVING
22:15:09.879 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'knx:ip:b57cac8d' changed from REMOVING to REMOVED
22:15:09.888 [DEBUG] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Bridge knx:ip:b57cac8d is disconnecting from the KNX bus
22:15:09.889 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'knx:ip:b57cac8d' changed from REMOVED to UNINITIALIZED
22:15:09.897 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'knx:ip:b57cac8d' changed from UNINITIALIZED to OFFLINE
22:15:09.900 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'knx:ip:b57cac8d' changed from REMOVED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)

then ran what u asked and got this:
openhab> bundle:list -s |grep knx
17 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.3.0.201803081007 │ org.openhab.binding.knx
214 │ Active │ 80 │ 1.12.0.201803170211 │ org.openhab.binding.knx

2 conflicting bindings…

remove the KNX2 guy with:

bundle:uninstall 17

or uninstall it from PaperUI

then we make KNX1 work… did the pid: story work finally?

did it
openhab> bundle:list -s |grep knx
214 │ Active │ 80 │ 1.12.0.201803170211 │ org.openhab.binding.knx

regarding the pid i removed the empty line, didnt found anything on the log, so not sure if it worked or not

you should have a WARN entry saying:

The file /etc/openhab2/services/knx.cfg subsequently defines the exclusive PID 'org.openhab.knx'. Overriding existing configuration now.

anyway… did logs improve?

I cant find it, since the log is short when i do log:display, unfortunately i still have the issue of the logs not showing on my browser but i think that is an issue for another topic

regarding improvements on the log, yes, i think the lurking thing on paper ui improved and i dont get that conflit errors anymore, thanks.

I also found that the swing item was giving some errors so i removed the item from my config for the moment, I want to focus on being able to change the AC mode, temperature and fan for now

I’m going to check my air con if it work, ill be back if it wont :slight_smile: thank you

1 Like