I’ve tried to change settings for 4 different devices. An Aeotec NanoMote Quad (group association), an Aeotec Trisensor(motion reset timeout), a Dome motion sensor(motion reset timeout) and a Fibaro Sensor(motion reset timeout). For each device, in both cabman and paper, the settings revert to their previous values. I put the zwave binding in debug mode and I see this in the logs for each device:
Configuration update ignored node_id to 'x' (BigDecimal)
Where ‘x’ refers to each device’s node id. I’m running version openHAB 2.5.7 Build #175 on an Rpi4.
I’ve been able to change settings on these devices before, so I’m not sure what’s happening here. There are some posts here on this issue, and for some, the solution was to use an updated version of the binding. But given I’ve been able to change settings before, I’m not sure this is a viable solution.
Thanks, I tried waking, but the settings still reverted to their original settings and none of the Things are manually configured. Habmin, I woke the device, then clicked “Save”. I closed the Association Group, then opened it again, and the Association Groups were gone. I even tried disabling the controller (Aeotec), stopped the service, cleaned the cache and restarted the service a couple of times. New settings still not retained.
What about the other way around? Change the setting, then wake the device. You may have to wake it multiple times.
If nothing helps restart openHAB.
If that does not help soft reset your controller: power down the server, remove the controller physically, reattach the controller, power up your server.
Soft resetting and rebooting did not work. Settings are not retained. Now in PaperUI, after changing the settings, I click the check to save. Then I wake the device. In the log, I still the “ignored” message. In Habmin, after changing the setting, I click the Save button and then wake the device. Same error in the log file. In either case, when I look at the setting again, the new value is not retained. I’ve done this any number of times over the last three years since I’ve been using OH and even if a device is not awakened, any new value is always retained. I get the same error in the log, even when changing a setting in a mains powered device:
The “configuration ignored” message means it received a configuration update, but it is ignored as the value is the same as already set in the device. If that is wrong, as the value was changed outside of the binding for example, then you’ll need to change it to another value, and then back to the new value.
While HABmin only sends updates for parameters that the user changed, all other UIs send all configuration parameters. This can cause a lot of traffic for devices that have a lot of configuration. Since I couldn’t convince people to change the UIs, I had to add this to the ZWave binding to try and reduce traffic.
Thanks for the reply. What I did this morning was to exclude/include the device and then change the settings. After saving and waking the device (Aeotec NanoMote Quad), I checked the settings and they were again blank.
Here is the debug output:
What are you trying to change - the associations? Or is it something else? Most of the other configs are ignored as they haven’t changed - as I said earlier, but I really don’t know what you are doing.
This also might just be an issue with the UI. It’s hard to tell from such a short log what is happening, and also understanding what you are trying to change.
@chris There is no xml file in /car/lib/openhab2/zwave. The same for another device that 'm having trouble changing its motion reset timeout, a Dome motion sensor. Both devices appea to be completely enumerated as I see the same settings as my other two NanoMote Quads, of the same type. The Dome in question displays the same settings as the problematic one. If the xml is required for changing settings and for group associations to work, then that’s probably the issue. I even cleaned the cache and restarted the service a couple of times along with excluding/including the quad a few times. I see there are lot of posts here about missing zwave xml files. I’ll go through some of those and see if I can find a solution.
I finally got things working. It took a few more exclusions/inclusions and multiple wakings for the two devices. One thing I hadn’t noticed was that when you change a setting in Habmin, there is “pending” just above the changed setting. That wasn’t there while I was having issue. But after my third cycle of exclude/include, it started to appear, and the devices are working as expected now.