• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel X86, 8 GB, 1 TB HDD
      Second: Rasperry 32 GB SD
    • Debian Stetch
    • Java Runtime Environment: Oracle 8.2
    • openHAB version: 2.3

Hello,

this is my first post here.

I have a running instance of OH2 that does control mostly KNX and Z-Wave devices. BasicUI working, also remote access through myopenhab.org. 150 items in total.
So far everything perfect.

I intend to set up a smaller second instance for my holiday home. Only Z-Wave plugs and radiator valves. Won‘t be more than 20 devices. The holiday home has a permanent DSL connection.

My iOS app will only work with one myopenhab.org access at a time. Means: setting up the second instance would need to constantly change credentials in the app to connect. Makes no sense.

Further, I understand, I cannot connect from both instances with the same credentials and uploading two different Sitemaps. „main“ from home, „vacation“ from the holiday home.

I would rate myself not-too-rookie with OH2. But in this situation I feel I need to install a different system (Home automatio perhaps) in my holiday home just to avoid switching between credentials in the iOS app. Of course I can have only one instance of the app on my mobile device.

To bring it to the point: I am kind of clueless. I would prefer to go with openHAB, but have no idea how to set this up in my situation.

I appreciate any hint on how to continue. Perhaps you have some advice where to look.

Thank you,
Hanns

• If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
1 Like

You can use MQTT between your OH instances, having one “primary” which receives all status. And then just add your items to the primary sitemap. At least that’s how I do it…

Oh and support this one :wink:

You could also login to on myopenhab in the browser and one in the app.

A not perfect but quite simple switch between them.

Thanks! I am testing MQTT, but this is a strange syntax, at least to me.

this would mean using a second myopenhab login, correct?

Yes it would.