Several items in one row

Hi,
I try to get more than one item in one row. I tried it with the following rule, but it don’t run. What is my mistake?

rule “wetter”
when
Item Temp_Min received update or
Item Temp_Max received update
then
wetteranzeige.postUpdate(Temp_Min.state.format(“%.1f”) +" °C / “+Temp_Max.state.format(”%.1f")+" °C")
end

My item looks like this:

String wetteranzeige “Wetter: [%s]” (wetter)

Did I made a mistake with the String?

Elaborate. Do you see a “-” in place of your string? Do you know if the rule is actually executing or not? Do you know that both Temp_Min and Temp_Max have valid values? Do you see any errors in your logs?

Yes, there is a “-” in place of the string. I used a cronjob which runs the rule every minute.
Something is going wrong with this rule, but what?

I found this entry in the logfile:

2016-04-10 11:48:01.041 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘wetter.rules’
2016-04-10 11:48:01.061 [WARN ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘wetter.rules’ is either empty or cannot be parsed correctly!
2016-04-10 11:48:01.062 [DEBUG] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Errors reported for ‘wetter.rules’:

wetter.rules has a syntax error in it that is preventing it from being loaded. I highly recommend loading it into Designer which will highlight and syntax errors for you.

The “-” indicates that that Item has not be initialized and is undefined.

Can you retry without the degree symbol?

I tried it without the °C, but got also the “-” only.
WIthib habmin I see that the rule has a failure, but as I’m a newbie I can’t understand it.
The line:

Temp_Min_Max.postUpdate(Temp_Min.state.format(“%.0f”) + " °C / " + Temp_Max.state.format(“%.0f”) + " °C")

gives the following content:

Multiple markers at this line

• Couldn’t resolve reference to JvmIdentifiableElement ‘postUpdate’.
  • Couldn’t resolve reference to JvmIdentifiableElement ‘Temp_Min_Max’.

What is missing? I found the rule here:
link

They said the rule runs, but why not in my rule?

The Item Temp_Min_Max doesn’t exist. Make sure you have an Item called Temp_Min_Max in an .item file and make sure they are identical, including case.

Thank you, now it’s running. Probably I deleted the item.

By the way, is there a way to have more than one image in one row, e.g. the weather icon for today, tomorrow etc.?

No. You can sometime cheat with labels by combining the text from two Items into a third Item using a rule, but you cannot have more than one icon per row.

However, if you want a more detailed weather presentation, look at the webview approach described at the bottom of the weather binding wiki page.