Several Zwave problems after unwanted upgrade to 4.0

I am still working on some strange Zwave problems after my unwanted upgrade to 4.0, still existing in 4.1.

I have several Fibaro door/windows FGK 101 03 002 sensors. Some of them worked like in 3.x immediately, some of them show no channels and full details in the things. As they are battery powered I tried to wake them up over weeks at least 50 times without success. Accidently I excluded and included one of these devices while trying to wake it up. I ended up with a new node that is now working, but cannot delete the old one. So as my not working devices are also still in the Inbox since OH 4 I tried to add one as a new thing (without excluding/including it first), and got a “NODE 25: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.” error in the logs.

I checked for XML-files an saw that there was no XML-file for this node, so I thought about getting one from a backup. But all my backups (from the old, working OH 3) do not have an XML-file for this node, too. But there are XML-files for other nodes with the same device type in the new version as well as in older backups.

Another problem is, that I see Zwave devices “Online” that are definetly offline (old greenwave plugs that are not connected to mains). In 3.x the status was displayed correctly.

Any suggestions?

This sounds messy (possible many problems). If you don’t have the Silabs Simplicity Suite tool yet, install it and use this process to remove all nodes that you don’t recognize.
Z-Wave Zombies.pdf (571.9 KB)

Also review this post [SOLVED] Unresponsive Z-Wave Network: Tools and Approaches to track down the issues - Tutorials & Examples / Solutions - openHAB Community

Hi Bob!

Thank’s for your reply. Sounds bad so. As I have a Razberry I might also use their software to delete the doubled node (and all other curiuos nodes), but that is something that really would mean a lot of trouble. As most of the affected devices are door/windows sensors, they are glued to the window frame, and the Fibaro ones have a special pad with a “window” for the tamper switch. So I cannot bringt them to my OH server (do not think that these pads are available as spare parts and they are really sticky, so a lot of work to remove the old ones) and would have to bring my OH server from one of the windows to the next, to reinclude them. This is the least thing I would like to do.

I followed the thread you linked, and will try something I read there, first.

Fibaro battery devices are known to fall off the network and need to be reset and reincluded. You should be able to do that in place by just removing the cover. Search forum for fibaro battery

I’ve heard that the razberry or Zway apps work with zombie nodes, but have no personal experience