Share Z-wave dongle over IP (USB over IP using ser2net / socat ) guide

Unfortunately it still doesn’t work. I am on Snapshot 1567(?) (at least that is the one I downloaded, but is displays 1566).
There is some progress, if I put my Z-Wave controller in a file based configuration as a thing

Bridge zwave:serial_zstick:controller "ZWave Controller" [ port="rfc2217://192.168.178.80:7000", controller_softreset="false", controller_master="true", heal_enable="true", security_networkkey="11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 AA BB CC DD EE FF 00" ]

then I can see in the logs of my rfc2217 server that a connection is established and communication takes place (so far, so good).
However, the controller is always shown as offline in OH (PaperUI and Habmin) and it is not possble to start a device discovery for my Z-Wave nodes
grafik

So at the moment it is still not possible to use a controller connected via rfc2217 ip connection.
It is also still not possible to specify the comport in the UI based configuration as both UIs (Paper UI and Habmin) will only accept the physical COM ports in the dropdown list.

1 Like