Shelly binding error in log

• my all shelly devices are up-to-date
  • i disbaled the binding from PAPER UI and install the last off snapshot (not the DEVׁׁׁ)

And sometimes I get it in a log:

2020-08-22 13:31:08.413 [ERROR] [y.mdns.internal.MDNSDiscoveryService] - Participant 'org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.discovery.ShellyDiscoveryParticipant' threw an exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a Shelly device!

at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.discovery.ShellyDiscoveryParticipant.getThingUID(ShellyDiscoveryParticipant.java:216) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.mdns.internal.MDNSDiscoveryService.serviceRemoved(MDNSDiscoveryService.java:241) [bundleFile:?]

at javax.jmdns.impl.ListenerStatus$ServiceListenerStatus.serviceRemoved(ListenerStatus.java:81) [bundleFile:3.5.5]

at javax.jmdns.impl.JmDNSImpl$5.run(JmDNSImpl.java:1322) [bundleFile:3.5.5]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

If your Shelly devices are up to date (fw 1.8) you need to use the DEV version for proper functionality.

thanks i will try DEV version

i cant find the dev version link

now i get this log:

[WARN ] [.californium.core.network.UdpMatcher] - error receiving response ACK-2.05   MID=10384, Token=, OptionSet={"Unknown (3332)":0x534853572d31233530303239314630393332342332}, "{"blk":[{"I":1,"D":"rela".. 867 bytes for Exchange[L478, complete]

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected a string but was BEGIN_ARRAY at line 1 column 319 path $.sen[3].R

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:224) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:41) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:82) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:61) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:888) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:853) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:802) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:774) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.coap.ShellyCoapHandler.handleDeviceDescription(ShellyCoapHandler.java:252) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.coap.ShellyCoapHandler.processResponse(ShellyCoapHandler.java:216) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.coap.ShellyCoapHandler$1.onResponse(ShellyCoapHandler.java:884) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.coap.Request.setResponse(Request.java:711) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.EndpointManager$ClientMessageDeliverer.deliverResponse(EndpointManager.java:272) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.stack.BaseCoapStack$StackTopAdapter.receiveResponse(BaseCoapStack.java:210) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.stack.AbstractLayer.receiveResponse(AbstractLayer.java:89) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.stack.ExchangeCleanupLayer.receiveResponse(ExchangeCleanupLayer.java:93) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.stack.ObserveLayer.receiveResponse(ObserveLayer.java:150) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.stack.BlockwiseLayer.receiveResponse(BlockwiseLayer.java:676) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.stack.ReliabilityLayer.receiveResponse(ReliabilityLayer.java:305) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.stack.AbstractLayer.receiveResponse(AbstractLayer.java:89) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.stack.BaseCoapStack.receiveResponse(BaseCoapStack.java:139) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.CoapEndpoint$1.receiveResponse(CoapEndpoint.java:277) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.UdpMatcher$4.run(UdpMatcher.java:399) [bundleFile:?]

at org.eclipse.californium.elements.util.SerialExecutor$1.run(SerialExecutor.java:276) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected a string but was BEGIN_ARRAY at line 1 column 319 path $.sen[3].R

at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextString(JsonReader.java:825) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$16.read(TypeAdapters.java:401) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$16.read(TypeAdapters.java:389) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220) ~[?:?]

... 31 more

Check the Shelly Binding thread, the link has been posted many times.
Your log indicates an older binding version without updated CoIoT implementation.

Be aware that if you have found and installed the newer binding, you must uninstall the older binding. Then do a restart of openHAB just to make sure…!

I tried to find an answer there but could not find one.
And you say I have an old version of the binding installed?

Ok, uninstall Shelly Binding, restart openHAB and make shure there is no active Shelly Binding.
Then read the links in that post

just follow the instructions under Installation of the DEV build (READMEbeta.md)

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.