Shelly Binding

That’s why I’m surprised as I also expected thing being OFFLINE (again, that’s what I already understood :slight_smile: ) but thing is online already and coapDeviceDescr is filled

{“blk”:[{“I”:1, “D”:“sensors”}],“sen”:[{“I”:33, “D”:“temperature”, “T”:“T”, “R”:“-40/125”, “L”:1},{“I”:44, “D”:“humidity”, “T”:“H”, “R”:“0/100”, “L”:1},{“I”:77, “D”:“battery”, “T”:“B”, “R”:“0/100”, “L”:1}]}

but not filled to items. Nevertheless, HT has been moved to Fridge to force update.

That works and items are filled now :slight_smile:

Many thanks to @markus7017 and @hmerk for valueable support <<= much appreciated

Finally it seems to work and I already implemented a second HT by configuring *things and disabling Cloud on that already, and works since yesterday evening :slight_smile:

@hmerk you may like to check your Shelly (as you said that your LED is on after blinking few times after activation) because you also said that you are not using Cloud services. But LED is on when Cloud is still enabled in Shelly Device, once diabled LED is flashing 3-4 time slowly and than faster.

Hi guys,

I have the issue that I installed 2 new Shelly devices (2x Shelly 1) and the binding is not able to find them, nothing appears in the Inbox and manual search also shows no results. Nevertheless I can add the Shelly’s by manually add a thing in Paper UI with the device ID.
Firmware of the Shelly’s is 1.6.2

Everything was working for me in OpenHab 2.5.4 but now I am running on 2.5.5, maybe there was some change made in the discovery function?

EDIT: Now after 2 days and a restart of OpenHAB just now the Shelly’s showed up in the Inbox. I restarted OpenHAB like 8 times during the last two days and the Shellys never showed up, is this a desired behaviour?

I opened a bug report as well, just wanted to add it also here.

thanks

Quick question about new Shelly Duo GU10.

New Devices just being available and I imagine if they are going to be implemented to Binding soon? Just consider to buy few of them :wink:

each device usually needs small adoptions, let me know when you have them

OK, already asked for a quote and whether those lamp “only” support change of white temperature (white <> cold-white) or if those are coloured (which I honestly doubt :woozy_face:) <<= I’ll keep you posted

I think they will have a brightness and whiteTemp feature, let‘s see
I need the output from /settings and /status

Yes, you are right, confirmed b support who I’ve spoken with

Can you please advise hos to get this? Just from BInding?

Just placed my order today, shall receive them within few days :wink:

ha ha, I’m waiting for mine since 5 weeks

open the browser and enter
http:<device ip>/settings
http:<device ip&Guten Tag,;/status

Don’t scare me close before weekend :wink:

Nice that device whishes me “Guten Tag” :laughing:

Just received mine today, will install them later today and will try to get required information.

@markus7017 you have got mail :wink:

Update: btw: it’s auto-discovered as shellybulbduo already and various channel are available

Hi Markus! Hope you are well :slight_smile:

I just updated some of my Shelly RGBW2 to firmware 1.7, since then, power meter value is no longer reported in OH. Is this known bug/issue? Cheers!

This is a firmware related issue. Since 1.7 the power consumption is not reported correctly. The reported value is too low. You can see also 0 W in the device Web UI. Try to increase temporary all values to max, maybe is it enough to report a power consumtion > 0 and you will see it also in OH.
The issue was already reported to Shelly team.

Hello all! I have a question regarding Shelly 2.5 in Roller mode.

I’m using OH 2.5.2 an Synology NAS. I’ve created the THING via PaperUI. Roller Events and CoIoT Events are enabled. Firmware is 1.7.0.

How can I get real time roller events like “ROLLER_OPEN / ROLLER_CLOSE / ROLLER_STOP” and use this in my rules? I like to use this to tilt my blinds (venetian blinds). Right after roller stopped, tilt the blinds.

Like this:

rule "Shelly Event"
when
    Channel "shelly:shelly25-roller:f34aa0:roller#event" triggered
then
    logInfo("Shelly", "an event was detected")
//do some other stuff e.g. tilt blinds
end

Thanks for your support!

Hi Markus,

I got a few days ago the Shelly EM3 and have implemented it into OpenHAB.
The Shelly is updated to Firmware 1.7, but the behaviour was the same at 1.6.

I found the following issues:

1. The reactiveWatts can not be addressed in OpenHAB as described in the description
  2. The values of L2 and L3 Power are changing every few seconds. L2 shows the value of L1 and L3 shows the value of L2, a few seconds later the right value is shown
  3. Total Energy: Approximate 1-5 times per hour the sum value drops from 46 to 6 kWh and later back to 46. The 6 kWh is the sum of L2 and L3. It looks like the L1 value is missing. A few time the value drops to 4 kWh which is only the value of L3
  4. Total Power: Also the Total Power shows approximate every hour a value of 0 which is not realistic.

In the Shelly App I cannot see this behaviour.

Please see a Chart of the Sum Values attached.

Peter

Rule looks good. Please check in the Web UI under Actions that a URL is set for those events pointing to your OH system (currently roller events are not supported by the Coap interface). Check you thing config if roller events are enabled.

1 Like

I need a TRACE Log showing those effects
Try to disable Auto-CoIoT in the binding config and disable CoIoT events in the thing config so we have only one source for channel updstes (REST polling)

Hey Markus! Thanks, that was it! It was the wrong ip-address in the actions url!
Now it is working!

Thank you for this great binding!