Shelly Binding

Hi Markus

I’m wondering if the shelly binding also will support a feature to adjust some settings of the device. To be precise I would like to change the offset of my ext_temperature sensors on the shelly UNI by openhab. Is this possible by CoIoT?

I already tried to do this by http but there is no such endpoint to set a offset on the device I guess.
The only endpoint which i could figure out by the official api documentation is for: /settings/adc/0
Thanks for your help so far!

This is a config and therefore nothing for the binding. I can‘t of a OH rule doing that

Make that setting in the device‘s Wen UI while running Wireshark, this provides you the endpoint/URL to call and patameters

Hi Markus,
is filtering of events from buttons in detached mode included in 3.1M4?
Just asking as I couldn‘t find it in the release notes and there is no guarantee that release notes are complete.

yes, from my understanding this should be included (already in M3)

I tried to install shelly-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT on OH3
But shelly does not appear in the UI but does in the bundle:list

have a look to this thread: How to activate a binding
it describes to do a diagnosis first. You need to replace the number that is used in by the command with the one of your bundle/binding.

Thanks for your reply
this is the output:
what is that mean?

openhab> diag 295
openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Shelly Binding (295)
--------------------------------------------------
Unsatisfied Requirements:
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.framework)(&(version>=1.9.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))))"
osgi.service; filter:="(objectClass=org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.ShellyHandlerFactory)"; effective:="active"
osgi.service; filter:="(objectClass=org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.provider.ShellyTranslationProvider)"; effective:="active"
osgi.service; filter:="(objectClass=org.osgi.service.http.HttpService)"; effective:="active"
Declarative Services

uff, I know this issue and new to rebuild. Did you tried OH 3.1M4?

I did not try 3.1M4 just the Stable version
**I updated to 3.1 M4 and now the binding is Active

Dear Markus

Thx a lot for your fast reply. Just used my browser to find out the specific endpoint and figured out the curl command to set the temperature difference:
curl -v -d “offset_tC=0” http://192.168.0.101/settings/ext_temperature/0
This works fine but im really not able to do the same command with openhab 3 in the javascript rules:

var Exec = Java.type("org.openhab.core.model.script.actions.Exec");
var Duration = Java.type('java.time.Duration');
var logger = Java.type("org.slf4j.LoggerFactory").getLogger("org.openhab.model.script.Rules.Experiments");

var url = "http://192.168.0.101/settings/ext_temperature/0";
var results = Exec.executeCommandLine(Duration.ofSeconds(5),"/usr/bin/curl",  "-d 'offset_tC=1'", url);
logger.info(results);

Even with diffrent syntax options i couldn’t execute the disiered curl command with the exec function

that’s not the question, why do you need to change this dynamically? Sounds like a one time setup, which should be done in the device’s WebUI.

@razserv2010 try updated DEV build

The latest PR has been merged, this add‘s tge trigger VIBRATION for DW2‘s vibration alarm. This is a trigger to the device#alarm, not a channel, because it‘s an event, not a status

—-

As you know 2.5 has beeb sunset. It‘s no longer possible to setup a fresh 2.5 environment. The Bintray service, which hosted the necessary files/artifacts was shut down on May 1st. I was able to restore the local copy from an older installation, but be aware that 2.5 support for the binding will stop soon.

WHO STILL NEEDS 2.5 SUPPORT?

I‘ll keep the 2.5 jar in the myfiles repo (with current feature level), but it doesn’t get updated anymore.

There is another reason: The Shelly Plus series of devices is on the road. This will be based on a new chipset for improved functionality, but also requires to implement a new device interface. I already received a development sample and made first steps, but it will be hard to support old and new generation of devices within one binding. Therefore I‘m considering to build a new ShellyPlus binding and focus on this. There will be no 2.5 support for this and maybe feature level for generation 1 devices will freeze somewhen, but no worries for now.

Feedback welcome

Hey Markus,
the whole openHAB community is really thankful about your great binding and all the effort you put into development. I can absolutely understand if you want to minimze your effort or to spend your effort wisely on your project.
Having said this, I want to support you to drop support for 2.5

1 Like

No problem for me as long as the gen1 devices keep getting supported in future openHab versions. Nothing more annoying than paying money for hardware that stops functionning for no reason.

I’ve installed 30+ of them, I think no doubt that I keep to support them :wink:

2 Likes

We all wish you a long and healthy life :wink:

1 Like

Hi, so it’s time to move to the next “Level” of openhab :grin::grin:
Thx for your Support :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi everybody!

I just started using the shelly binding and still in kind of testing mode. Besides that I used Openhab quite a lot.

I have Openhabian 3.0.2 Release Build running, Shelly Binding 3.0.2 on a PI 3B+ with a Shelly Dimmer 2, Firmware Version 20210429-102101/v1.10.4-g3f94cd7.

Bindings works well so far, but I don’t get the events “DOUBLE_PRESSED” or “TRIPLE_PRESSED” when I press the connected switch multiple times. I can only trigger (one or several) “SHORT_PRESSED” and “LONG_PRESSED” events (shelly:shellydimmer2:xxx:relay#button).
Do I do something wrong here? I could not find anything in the community.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Best regards,
Matthias

you missed the number of the switch

shelly:shellydimmer2:xxx:relay#button1