Shelly Binding

Is this not a firmware difference? See the following for firmware release notes:
https://shelly-api-docs.shelly.cloud/gen1/#changelog

Do you mean me? What do you reference exactly? There are tons of changes, but I can’t see any H&T related to my problem.
The battery powered H&T just wakes up a few seconds, triggered by temperature change and when openhab isn’t pulling during this time it will miss the reported data.

Sorry, yes…
Maybe check the Firmware between your two devices and see if there has been a change to cause the difference? Just a suggestion as I don’t have H&T devices but was affected by a firmware change on the VDC of the UNI (voltage changes now update at 0.01 not 0.5)

Hi everyone and thank you for that great work,
I wanted to ask if the binding works with Shelly Plus 1 and Shelly Plus 1 PM devices on OH3 or if there is any sideload binding to make it work.
Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Tagging @hmerk and @markus7017 on this question regarding integration of the newest Plus devices from Shelly. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey Markus
I know it’s been quite a while you opened this thread

but that is also something I’d like to cover in my OH.
As there are no more implicit variables for channel based triggers:

I’d like to ask whether you could change your binding so that all alarm types (like OVERTEMP, OVERPOWER, OVERLOAD, etc) could be available through a string item.
For example, homematic binding provides alarms via string items:

Other alarm states of this binding are IDLE_OFF, PRIMARY_ALARM, INTRUSION_ALARM, SECONDARY_ALARM

This way we could use triggeringItem based implicit variables

The communication with the Shelly devices is event driven using CoAP. Polling is only a fallback.

One tge temp has changed the H&T will send an update. You need to verify that CoAP is enabled in the device and OH was able to initialize, try

• suspend thing in OH
  • press the button on the device
  • resume the thing

If you are still facing this issue the problem maybe related to your network setup (multicast, docker etc.). Check the posts above and README.

1 Like

The Plus devices are currently not supported , they habe a complete new API and I need to work on this, but didn’t found the time yet.

I’m currently engaged with a social project. You may heard of the flood we had in the Ahrtal and I’m living in the Ahr delta, where river Rhr goes into the Rhein. While the catastrophe has gone from news & media the people still nerd help. Just next door they have some power, but no gas and no water - still after 4 month! My wife and in-laws are serving food while I’m working to organize donations etc. We plan to provide 500+ nice xmas bags to the people, just to have some nice present while freezing, because the home is still wet, delivery times for material, utilization of workers, non-paying insurance or just waiting on authority approval while you don’t have a heater. They collected more than 300 Mio Euro of donations, maybe it still sits in the bank, but we know nobody who received a single penny from Aktion Deutschland hilft. I contacted 150 well-known companies, bug and small, standard reply “we are so sorry, but only work with big organizations”. It’s a shame, so we try our best to help those people, an open ear and regard.
Let me know if you are interested to learn more or want to want with bringing 500-1000 bags into the Ahrtal :christmas_tree:

I’ll find time the next 4 weeks to re-engage with the Plus topic (already did some initial dev), I also want to see the support

1 Like

@markus7017, I had not heard about this flooding. I found some images online, it is devastating! Are there any NGOs on the ground helping where some donations may directly help? Or are you doomed to suffer from this bureaucracy? Good luck to you all

A bit of all. We do our own NGO/NPO, just trying to organize donations and bring them directly to the people - no application, no approval, just help :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping out there Markus! I do have quite a few affected colleagues that are/were living there as well.

And back to the Shelly topic: I’m experiencing a strange behaviour of the Shelly Dimmer recently. This is not related to OH because it also happens when I shut down OH completely: my wife turns off the wifi at night which usually did not cause any problems for the shellies. However lately the dimmers switch on the light when wifi connection is lost. Consequently they also switch the light off when the wifi connection is restored in the morning… it’s anyone else encountering this behaviour or know a way around it?

Do you have set the power on behavior. At least the relay has on/off/restore

You could have channel triggers to catch the events/alarms with a rule, see documentation for an example

The problem you have with channels, you do not know which one out of the other 40 has triggered.
It is the same problem you have (see my link above).
If you have alarms based on string items you know which one has triggered

Power on behaviour is set to OFF. However the shellies never lose power, it’s just the wifi that gets shut down so this should not be related in theory. I know that in previous versions there was an option to Restart the device when the wifi connection is lost but this setting is no longer there in newer firmware versions. Maybe this is the Standard behaviour now? But then again the power on behaviour is still set to OFF…

I knew where you are going… I requested an update from @cweitkamp, maybe an instant variable like triggeredChannel would be nice. I though about implementing a dedicated monitoring thing, which provides status information for all devices (as Item, not channel), but this is odd.

Did you contacted their support team? Usually they are very responsive

I just did. Might also just be a defective device…

Edit: very responsive indeed. However they just say that they cannot provide support without cloud connection…

Edit2: even if they closed the ticket right away they still kept responding after that. So they are trying to help but I don’t think that well find a solution. Probably I’ll just have to replace the unit

Ok. Even if there was triggeringChannel available you still have to list all your shelly channels in your rule like this:

Channel „shelly:shelly1:device1:device#alarm“ triggered or
Channel „shelly:shelly1:device2:device#alarm“ triggered or
Channel „shelly:shelly1:device3:device#alarm“ triggered or
…

instead of using the group mechanism of items:

Member of gShelly received update

overall, the advantage is:

• Group function
  • implicit variable
  • item can be directly processed in MainUi

did you tried a factory reset?