Shelly Binding

After upgrade from 4.1.3. to 4.2 my shellyplus1PM and shelly1plus which have an extentionmodule attached for temperature and huminidy will not more work. I opened in the 4.2 disccision topic an new chapter. Please check @markus7017

please provide a DEBUG log, which derails are displayed for Comm error?

Send you @markus7017 an PN.

I’m trying to install a Shelly Blu Motion now, and I encounter the same problem…

14:06:58.696 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING
14:07:00.698 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode.
14:07:00.698 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to device - BLU Device not yet connected(class org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.api.ShellyApiException)
14:07:57.746 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to device - BLU Device not yet connected(class org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.api.ShellyApiException) to UNINITIALIZED
14:07:57.747 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Stopping Thing
14:07:57.748 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Shutting down
14:07:57.748 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Shelly statusJob stopped
14:07:57.749 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Shutting down
14:07:57.750 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)
14:07:58.983 [DEBUG] [.shelly.internal.ShellyHandlerFactory] - Thing handler for uid shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7 added, total things = 15
14:07:58.984 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING
14:08:00.985 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Using default userId admin from binding config
14:08:00.986 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Using default password from bindingConfig (userId=admin)
14:08:00.986 [TRACE] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: updateInterval = 60s -> skipCount = 20
14:08:00.992 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Config: Device address=b0c7de422d7a, HTTP user/password=admin/***, update interval=60
14:08:00.992 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Start initializing for thing Shelly BLU Motion, type shellyblumotion, IP address b0c7de422d7a, Gen2: true, CoIoT: false
14:08:00.993 [DEBUG] [ng.shelly.internal.api2.Shelly2ApiRpc] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Closing Rpc API (socket is disconnected, discovery=false)
14:08:00.993 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Update status job started, interval=20*3=60sec.
14:08:00.993 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode.
14:08:00.993 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to device - BLU Device not yet connected(class org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.api.ShellyApiException)
14:08:59.995 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Status update triggered thing initialization
14:08:59.995 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Start initializing for thing Shelly BLU Motion, type shellyblumotion, IP address b0c7de422d7a, Gen2: true, CoIoT: false
14:08:59.995 [DEBUG] [ng.shelly.internal.api2.Shelly2ApiRpc] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Closing Rpc API (socket is disconnected, discovery=false)
14:08:59.995 [DEBUG] [ly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyblumotion-d6e0b1c0e7: Enabling channel cache (20 updates / 60s)
14:08:59.995 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to device - BLU Device not yet connected(class org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.api.ShellyApiException) to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode.
14:08:59.995 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:d6e0b1c0e7' changed from UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to device - BLU Device not yet connected(class org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.api.ShellyApiException)

Was there a solution found?

@ErikDB No I do not have solution, same problem as you. I checked it (added again shelly blu motion) on 4.2 Release version and still the same. Although Shelly blu dw and shelly blu ht are working fine.

‘Dw’ = ‘door/window’? What do you mean with ‘ht’?

Did you find another solution to integrate the BLU Motion? I assume MQTT is a possibility, but I’ve got no experience with it…

@markus7017, is there some logging that would be helpful in the search for the solution of this problem?

Humidity and Temperature :wink:

In my installation I see channels for shelly blu motion and every thing is working besides the thing status is ERROR COMM and I have similar error like you in logs.

I could reproduce the problem and need to check

Hi Markus,
thanks a lot for your binding update that supports now Gen3 Shelly 1!
:+1:

I didn’t try to install the channels, but you’re right, it works!

The only problem is that my BLU Motion always reports 0 lux, even in the Shelly app (so it’s not an openHAB problem) :frowning:. Has someone got experience with that problem?

No, i do not have such problem. But what I have observed that lux value is probably changed only when the movement is detected.

Yes, that’s normal. That’s also the case with the Shelly BLU Door/Window.

I probably need to reset to factory settings or something like that. These BLU devices don’t always run as smooth as I had hoped…

I uploaded a new DEV build (note: this is version 4.2.3-SNAOSHOT rather than 4.2), which fixes initialization of BLU Motion ( #17052). However, this is relevant for all BLU devices, because device profile controlling recovery etc. was not correctly initialized in general. You should update to this build after users have reported that issue is solved for BLU motion and some testing has been done with BLU Door/Window, BLU H&T etc.

Note: The new 4 button BLU device gets discovered, but the binding currently is not able to detect the different buttons.

@igi @ErikDB @Andy_Co @Craigers @hmerk and all: Please verify this build.

4.3-DEV | README | READMEbeta
Avdanced Users | Shelly Manager | Bugs/Features | API Doc
Note: The DEV build is always newer than the version in the official Distro or Milestone builds…

Note: I will only maintain 4.3-SNAPSHOT, while this should also run on 4.2 and maybe 4.1.

Again the 4.2 release shows that I need more QA testers. Now issues show up, which might have been fixed before the final release. PLEASE support testing of new build also running a longer time.

fyi: I can confirm that devices no longer become ONLINE after a power failure, I need to check this

I’m interested in doing this, but I read it involves deleting all my Shelly things, and re-adding them later?

No, this this case just switch to DEV build (check READMEbeta).
Even if you delete things you can delete them and OH will restore channel linking when the thing is re-added

I see, because of the “new install”. But when I want to update the DEV build to a newer one than the one I would install now, or switch back to the released version, I would need to delete all my Shelly things?

But I assume I need to manually track the UID of all the things, and use the same UID’s when re-adding all the things? Or does openHAB recognise the devices and link them back with their present UID’s?

If you do not use custom UID‘s, discovery will always give the Shelly devices the same ID. It is created from the MAC Address.

1 Like

You need to do nothing rather than uninstalling the prod release and follow the instructions in READMEbeta and don’t delete any things.