Shelly Binding

:frowning: Doesnā€™t work either. Items are not getting updated unless I enable Shelly and restart Binding while LED is flashing. Just waited 3hrs! When I activate ShellyHT by pushing the button, device is accessible via WI but still no item is being updated. Iā€™m running device with FW 20200309-104344/v1.6.0@43056d58 and OpenHAB 2.5.5-Snapshot. Really weird as Shelly Plug-s are working fine.

Do I miss any little tweak or configuration??

maybe it has something to do with the sleep function,
read here Shelly Binding maybe that helps

iā€™m no expert sorry thatā€™s what i know and i donā€™t have a H&T

Please provide a trace log.
I can confirm ShellyHT working fine in my environment.

I donā€™t see any log-entry rather than

2020-05-14 08:03:07.997 [WARN ] [y.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyht-f4711e: Event erzeugt: BUTTON
2020-05-14 08:03:11.152 [WARN ] [y.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyht-f4711e: Event erzeugt: BUTTON

ColoT is currently enabled for this Thing

Are you running on same Firmware? Would you mind sharing your configuration so I can compare this??

Yes, same firmware but openHAB 2.5.4 stable.
I will post my thing config tomorrow, donā€˜t have acces to my computer atm.

thank you, looking forward.

As Iā€™m not that firm with logging and traces, would you require me to get some more??

One more thing. My ShellyHT LED starts - after I had pushed the button - flashing slowly and than adter few seconds itā€™s flashing faster. Do you experiemce the same`?

Hi,
After pressing the button my ShellyHT LED is flashing very fast, then flashing slow and then it is permanently on for a short time.

Here is my thing config:

Thing shelly:shellyht:5a8a9f "Klima" @ "Wohnzimmer" [ deviceIp="192.168.0.183", coap="true", eventsSensorReport="false", eventsCoIoT="true" ]
Thing shelly:shellyht:22c3d4 "Klima" @ "Arbeitszimmer" [ deviceIp="192.168.0.184", coap="true", eventsSensorReport="false", eventsCoIoT="true" ]
Thing shelly:shellyht:58f937 "Klima" @ "Badezimmer" [ deviceIp="192.168.0.185", coap="true", eventsSensorReport="false", eventsCoIoT="true" ]
Thing shelly:shellyht:58f5ed "Klima" @ "Schlafzimmer" [ deviceIp="192.168.0.186", coap="true", eventsSensorReport="false", eventsCoIoT="true" ]

Thatā€™s weird as I do have got in accident 2 replacements and tested both and both do flash slow and fast afterward and than stop after a certain time :-/

OK, you have configured them manually, while I used PaperUI (which I usually donā€™t like to) so I will doublecheck this. Do you have to configure also a bridge and do you use plug-s as well? Because if I start configuring one Shelly by file, I would like to keep all common :wink:

The is no bridge config. Just the lines for each device. I donā€™t have a Plug-S and therefore donā€™t have a config sample for them.

Thanks for prompt reply. I have remove Thing from PaperUI and created a valid entry in my things, following your sample (mine is also in our bedroom :wink: )

Now I have to be patient if any data is being updated. I hope it doesnā€™t matter that I switched off shelly-cloud (which I donā€™t like to use) as I prefer to keep my data (even just temp/humidity) in private.

I have also disabled cloud access for all Shelly devices. The ShellyHT might stay in UNKNOWN state untill first value population.

I had to wake ht up, to get this found as device in inbox. Than I save my things-file and new device disappeared from inbox while added as thing. This prooves I copied entry correctly as device is shown as online because of this and items have been filled. Now I have to wait for update :-/ and Iā€™m very good in being patient :woozy_face:

Still no new data :-/ Iā€™m running out of ideas whatā€™s wrong with this device or connection :-/

I just go back to my Version 2.5.4 SS with Shelly Binding de-installed, removed things from Config and ā€œmigratedā€ this to 2.5.4 stable to be on same version.
Have you installed Shelly Binding from Stable Version or the Dev. Version?

I just have installed included Shelly Binding (as first test) and have added only HT to things. Again waiting for Update while I try to force some temperature difference :wink:

Imagine if this device will appear than online, while right now itā€™s unkown :-/

Binding version from stable.
Assaid before, the stay at UNKNOWN until button pressed, updated values or 12h wake up cycle.

? where have you configured this value? I havenā€™t seen any option for this :thinking:

Not configurable, hardcoded in firmware.

1 Like

I need a TRACE log showing the initialization. Channels get created when the thing goes ONLINE