Shelly Bulb via MQTT 2.4

Is it the case that outgoing transformations are there, but just for files and not for the PaperUI?

I was able to find the incoming transformations, and with a simple made the incoming stat events update the state of the item:

(function(i) {
    shellyInput = JSON.parse(i);
    return shellyInput.red + "," + shellyInput.green + "," + shellyInput.blue;
})(input)

But I’m struggling to find where to put the outbound transformation in PaperUI.

I can manage to code and go to the lower level but I’d rather stay within PaperUI as much as I can to keep the target of users of my openhab as wide as possible.

Surely not. The entire xtend file configuration nonsense (read: .thing and .item files) is not supported by me. You can be sure that every binding that is maintained by me works in Paper UI. You need OH 2.5M1 though.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.

For what is worth I made it work, it was a simple as creating a Thing with a switch and a color channel, for the switch one set the “Custom On/Open value” to “on” (lowercase) and the off/closed to “off”.

Then for the switch one, incoming transformation: JS:shelly_bulb_switch_input.js
For the color one, incoming: JS:shelly_bulb_color_input.js and outgoing: JS:shelly_bulb_color_output.js.

Then just create the files in transformation:

JS:shelly_bulb_switch_input.js:

(function(i) {
    return shellyInput.ison ? "on" : "off";
})(input)

JS:shelly_bulb_color_input.js:

(function(i) {
    return shellyInput.red + "," + shellyInput.green + "," + shellyInput.blue;
})(input)

JS:shelly_bulb_color_output.js:

(function(i) {

var rgb = i.split(",");

shellyOutput = {
        "ison": true,
        "mode": "color",
        "red": rgb[0],
        "green": rgb[1],
        "blue": rgb[2]
    };

return JSON.stringify(shellyOutput);

})(input)

All this of course using the version @David_Graeff mentioned. I upgraded with a simple sudo openhabian-config to change to the testing channel.

I know this is cumbersome and it would me ten times better to have homie support, but at least its better than nothing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the code, I’ve used it to integrate the shelly bulb into my system.
I made a couple of improvements.

The first: you don’t need the shelly_bulb_switch_input.js if you define the “on/off” directly in the channel:

Type switch : color_switch_01 "Color Switch" [ stateTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0", on="on", off="off", commandTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0/command"]

You can also add some basic brightness and color temperature control by using additional channels in the thing definition. Also here no need for a separate js file.

Type dimmer : white_dim_01 "Brightness" [ stateTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0/status", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.brightness", commandTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0/set", formatBeforePublish="{ \"mode\": \"white\", \"brightness\" : %.0f }"]
        Type dimmer : white_temp_01 "White Temperature" [ stateTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0/status", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.temp", commandTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0/set", min=3000, max=6500, step=10, formatBeforePublish="{ \"mode\": \"white\", \"temp\" : %s }"]
        Type dimmer : color_gain_01 "Color Brightness" [ stateTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0/status", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.gain", commandTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0/set", formatBeforePublish="{ \"mode\": \"color\", \"gain\" : %.0f }"]
        Type string : color_mode_01 "Color Mode" [ stateTopic="shellies/shellybulb-xxxxxx/color/0/status", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.mode"]
1 Like