Shelly things are showing status unknown, configuration_pending

Hi,

I have a couple of shelly things configured. since 2 days (before they did work normal and did show status online) they all are showing status unknown, configuration_pending. the devices itself are available in the wlan and can be reached directly via the shelly app or via website.

I did install the shelly binding and afterwords did create the things via shelly binding. If I add a new shelly device, shelly binding finds the new devices when I scan and can locate the ip adress too. But as soon as they are installed, they show unknown configuration pending too.

Is there might an issue with the shelly binding configuration itself?

What is the content of your log files ( openhab.log ) ?

I have installed openhab as a docker container on a synology server. how can I reach the openhab.log ?

I don’t use openhab in docker but according to the docs you should find the logs in

-v /opt/openhab/userdata:/openhab/userdata : location for logs, cache, persistence databases, etc.

Most probably you use different paths mappings in your environment.

i’m not to much into linux. I was able to connect to the docker container via putty and with docker attach “docker-image-name” I was able to connect the docker image. but how I can find out in which directory the openhab.conf file is?

As long as your installation is done in a way as described in the docs Synology DiskStation | openHAB then you should be able to access the related directories as described in
Synology DiskStation | openHAB
resp.
Synology DiskStation | openHAB

Meanwhile I get an error message:

2022-10-01 12:41:14.803 [WARN ] [elly.internal.coap.ShellyCoapHandler] - shelly1-98cdac232c71: Unable to initialize CoAP access (network error)
2022-10-01 12:41:21.210 [INFO ] [y.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellyswitch25-d8bfc01a41f4: Gerät verwendet eine Beta-Version: /20220809-123456.
2022-10-01 12:41:21.213 [ERROR] [.eclipse.californium.core.CoapClient] - could not set and start client endpoint
java.net.SocketException: bad argument for IP_MULTICAST_IF: address not bound to any interface
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.socketSetOption0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.socketSetOption(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:91) ~[?:?]
at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.setOption(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:371) ~[?:?]
at java.net.MulticastSocket.setInterface(MulticastSocket.java:477) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.californium.elements.UdpMulticastConnector.start(UdpMulticastConnector.java:83) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.CoapEndpoint.start(CoapEndpoint.java:506) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.californium.core.CoapClient.setEndpoint(CoapClient.java:356) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.coap.ShellyCoapHandler.start(ShellyCoapHandler.java:133) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler.initializeThing(ShellyBaseHandler.java:296) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler.refreshStatus(ShellyBaseHandler.java:440) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
2022-10-01 12:41:21.215 [WARN ] [elly.internal.coap.ShellyCoapHandler] - shellyswitch25-d8bfc01a41f4: Unable to initialize CoAP access (network error)

The Message “device is using a Beta-Version” is showed an all devices. But the devices are using the most current firmware when I login to the device directly via Shelly app.

I did investigate a bit further and found out, that issue “bad argument for IP_MULTICAST_IF: address not bound to any interface” should be solved if the docker container is running in host mode. My openhab docker container is running in host mode. But it looks like he cannot receive multicast pakets.

How can I solve this?

Hello Christian. My OpenHab 3 is running on an Rasby 4 and i have the same problem
“device is using a Beta-Version”
“[.eclipse.californium.core.CoapClient] - could not set and start client endpoint”
“[WARN ] [elly.internal.coap.ShellyCoapHandler] - shelly1pm-bcff4dfcc53b: Unable to initialize CoAP access (network error)”
Do you find an solution?

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.