Should unattended openhabian install create user?

README there is a link, too. Unfortunately leading nowhere because it’s a relative link and that doesn’t seem to work when the original document (in openhabian repo) gets imported to the docs server.
(@Confectrician any idea about that other than to use an absolute URL to point at the repo ?)

We use latest from Azul. There were some lesser issues with OH last time we checked. That may have changed but I’d rather think they’re still in and go undetected in your Ubuntu package.

In case you didn’t notice: there is an up to date 64 bit image available and you can install 64bit JVM either there or even on the 32bit OS. It just doesn’t provide any benefit IMHO that’s worth the hassle.

Afaik absolute urls have been profen as the most stable solution for external docs, when not all articles are available in the docs.

I think this would be solved if all pages would be also served via the docs page, as the relative urls should work too then.

Yes but as development is distributed that’s how it is (think addons READMEs).
BTW: relative links down do work. I turned the up-link into an absolute URL.

FWIW see “fake” HW and OS mode

Platform information:
    Hardware: Odroid XU4
    Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8 64 bit)
    openHAB version: 2.5.x
Issue of the topic: No openhabian user is created

I also would like to install openhabian on Ubuntu 20.04.
On the openhabian documentation page it says that, as a beginner, I should use the “openHABian Configuraiton” tool to install openHAB. I´m afraid I can not go along with that.
Because for a new installation you need to know what perquisites you need (there is no wizard like: “clean install” that puts you through the needed steps, e.g. installing java). Or did I get something wrong?

So I choose the unattended installation method which is configuring and installing everything for me…?
I edited openhabian.conf for my needs and started the installation.

Now there are some errors while installing, but I do not know where is my mistake:
Error#1:

[openHABian] Adding slightly tuned bash configuration files to system... cp: cannot create regular file '/home/openhabian/.bash_profile': No such file or directory
FAILED (user bash_profile)

Error#2:

Setting up openhab2-addons (2.5.9-1) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (245.4-4ubuntu3.2) ...
OK
id: ‘openhabian’: no such user
usermod: user 'openhabian' does not exist
usermod: user 'openhabian' does not exist
2020-10-03_23:05:18_CEST [openHABian] Setting up openHAB service...

Error#3:

$ useradd --groups openhabian,openhab -s /bin/bash -d /var/tmp frontail
useradd: group 'openhabian' does not exist
FAILED (adduser)

Maybe you have an idea and can help me?
Thank you in advance.
BR

You can start openhabian-config and walk through the options in the order they’re presented.
But the essence of this thread was boiled to the point that Ubuntu is unsupported.
As says the README. So you’ll be on your own here.