[SOLVED] Show more (lines) logs in Frontail Webbrowser

Hello,
I use the frontail Web Interface (openhabianpi:9001) to check my logs from the openhabian installation, this works very well. But i can see only 2h back.
How can i change the shown lines to see more entrys?
I try frontail -l --lines 1000 /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log but thats not working for me.

I finaly find the solution.
the configuraton is located on cd /etc/systemd/system/
then open sudo nano frontail.service
on the line

ExecStart=/usr/bin/frontail --ui-highlight --ui-highlight-preset ./preset/openhab.json -t openhab -l 2000 -n 200 /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/open$

you can edit all settings, the full list is here
but beware of using to much lines, it slow down the Browser and the Raspberry Pi.
In my Case i edit the -n 200 to -n 2000

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this, I wanted to know how Frontail was configured in openhabian, so I could have the same setup on my Ubuntu box

do you happen to know the location of the frontail-themes.css file? I’d like to modify it but, I can’t seem to find it. the documentation for frontail on guithub is kinda thin so not much help for a novice there.

Hello @l1t7l3ph0o7

you can simply execute the openHABian configuration tool on your Ubuntu system and let it install frontail for you.

http://docs.openhab.org/installation/openhabian.html#manual-setup

1 Like

Oh my, Thank you so soo much, you just saved me a million years of headaches. I am eternally grateful. Thank you

1 Like