yes, it seems as I have by fault sneeked below the check all the time, and I agree that it is not best practice to use “bugs” to reach the goal as they will / might be solved at some time.
But, I think I can also solve the issue when this solution does not work anymore, as the effort is the same, resp. maybe at that point the ShutterItems allow some additional commands, so the effort is maybe even less if I wait till this solution does not work anore
I try to answer your questions:
What is the type of LivingroomShutters? From the way it complains, I guess it is a Rollershutter type.
What are you sending this LivingroomShutters? The log tells us ‘TILT_UP’ and that is rejected. No surprise there, string ‘TILT_UP’ is not an acceptable command for a Rollershutter type Item.
Yes, is either UP, STOP, DOWN, TILT_UP, TILT_DOWN, DOWN_BIT_TILT, or a numeric value 0-100, where 0 is equivalent to UP, and 100 to DOWN.
So what’s your earlier log about? What’s the connection between that ShutterAction and this LivingroomShutters?
As my sitemap exploded with all the shutters, I decided to create a drop-down menu for all the shutter names (=ShutterSelection), and a selector for what should be done with the selected shutter (=ShutterAction). This is then sent to the shutteritem
Is ShutterAction not actually a String type Item, but a Group:String type?
No, is defined in the items as " String ShutterAction"
So … you’ve found a way to abuse the Group command-distribute-to-members feature to evade the “suitable command” police?
Yes, I think so
Why not do all this with conventional, supported coding techniques?
Actually I started with the normal RollerShutter item as I liked to have the shutter position + the possibility to move up/ down with percent, as well as with UP and DOWN commands. So why invent the wheel again if there is already a appropriate solution exactly for my use case? Therefore, I first implemented the observer, to update all the positions as soon as a switch of a relay of any shutter is detected, and then extended it to control the relays via the RollerShutter item.
I simply extended the commands not thinking about that I abuse them. So project grow, and now I am at a point where I do not want to throw everything away and start from the scratch again, especially as I am now at the point where it works rather fine (for the moment).
So, I have a working observer and can control several shutters in groups via sitemap or via rules. So in theorning shutters move up, if sun is shining into my living room in the afternoon, and a certain W/M2 threshold is exceeded, then shutters move down and tilt up, and in the evening all are closing (I hope, but let’s see tomorrow).