The signal binding allows openHAB to exchange message with other Signal users.
- Dedicated account (if you have a spare number, such as landline), or an account linked to your mobile phone number.
- Register your account in two steps from within openHAB, no command line or extra manipulation (include verification code, QR code)
- Sending, receiving text messages (individual user for the moment, no group).
- Sending images
- Trigger event.
- A “send” action for your rules.
- Delivery and read notifications
See documentation in Resources section for setup.
- Vocal validation issue, as stated here. I made a workaround, but the vocal registration will then take at least a minute, so please be patient.
Sqlite issues as a karaf dependency and load order.(this should be fixed now).
- The raspberry pi 32 bits OS will probably have another issue with sqlite. Please check this link for a solution with a system property.
- unknown other case : despite my efforts there still seems to have errors with sqlite for some people (Errors relating to .so library linking). Expert contributors welcome ! You can also try, If you have sqlite error with incompatible .so, the workaround here.
Possible issue with Raspberry pi OS 64 bits and licb6. The 64 bit library included for the raspberry pi is compiled with libc6 version 2.33, which could be higher that yours. A user reports a working binding, but if you experience issue, please let me know.Should be OK now.
Feedback welcome (do not hesitate to tell me if it works !)
I will hopefully make a pull request, to include it officialy in openHAB.
Contribution welcome ! There is so much to do :
- Group messaging
- … suggestions welcome
First version explicitely targeting openHAB 4.
Written with java 17 (no more java 11 rewrite)
In the hope of resolving the sqlite error, the binary is now a KAR file, and sqlite is now a dependency feature.
Action for sending image now include an accompanying text
Fix an error that forced to use vocal validation (which is broken)
Try to fix vocal validation with a workaround found on openhab-cli forum
Compatiblity with openHAB 3.4.x and openHAB 4.0
New feature : action to send images (see documentation)
WARNING : breaking change ! You must delete and recreate your Thing account.
Full rewrite using the signal-cli library as a code base.
Fix : Connection issue following unknown changes on the whisper server side around the 6 december.
Fix : In all messages sent from the binding, the sender should now be apparent with the name you setup.
Fix : You can now send “note to yoursel” (if you use your full number : notification ON. if you use the special recipient “self” : no notification)
New : Delivery and Read status (both ways)
Fix PushNetworkException - javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException
(And some other too verbose exceptions in log)
Dedicated account, linked account.
Basic messages (send, receive)
I strongly encourage you to contribute if you can, because it could take ages before I have the time to implement other features.
If you want to contribute, here is some information : this binding uses the signal-cli project “lib” part as a codebase, with very little adjustments (available on my personal fork of signal-cli). Signal-cli uses itself the underlying library com.github.turasa:signal-service-java, which is a modified version of the android Signal official library. And deep down below, there is the native library for various architecture (compiled from the official signal repository in rust). I included in the binding the autobuilded ones from exquo/signal-libs-build on github,
and libsignal-client on gitlab (no longer needed)