Sitemap suddenly not seen

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: _Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
    • openHAB version: 3
  • Issue of the topic:
    Sitemap that was working is suddenly not found. I had my whole setup working just perfect and then suddenly the APP (Android) cant find the sitemap, no changes made to it at all either between working and not working. I created new blank sitemap named test and that works fine although its blank. Anyone else seen this? Same issue if using the OpenHAB or the OpenHABBeta App as well.

Try adding a syntax error on purpose (for example by removing a bracket) and save. Then, after some seconds, remove the syntax error again and save. With this openHAB will reload the file. This often helped me in the past

I have tried that and get nothing at all. When I go to
http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080/rest/sitemaps all am I getting is
[]
And in the App just getting OpenHAB Returned empty sitemap list. I created a new sitemap and still getting exactly the same message.

what do your logs say?
Does openHAB have read access to the sitemaps?

Hi yeah they do, cant see anything in the logs in /var/log/openhab at all.

I had the same issue, including no entries in my logs since October (it’s now December). I decided to migrate off of the .sitemaps file and move to the Main UI Pages sitemap. Everything shows up fine, but nothing works. I can’t even activate a simple switch. Haven’t been able to find anything in the documentation or on Google searches to tell me what I’m doing wrong. I figure it’s a simple setting, but I can’t find it anywhere.

Step one - fix the logging to stand a chance of fixing anything else.

There are a few threads of similar, typically after upgrade rather than clean OH3 install