Slow openhab-cli backup

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RPI4B+ 4MB
    • OS: Linux openhabian 5.15.80-v7l+ #1602 SMP Tue Nov 29 14:45:31 GMT 2022 armv7l
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “11.0.13” 2021-10-19 LTS
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.52+13-CA (build 11.0.13+8-LTS)
      OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.52+13-CA (build 11.0.13+8-LTS, mixed mode)
    • openHAB version: 3.4.0.M5 (Build)
  • Issue of the topic: openhab-cli takes 4 hours to create a 50MB zipped file
  • I created a new Openhabian install on a brand new USB thumb drive and restored a working openhab config via openhab-cli. For months this took, a couple of minutes to take a backup of the openhab config (daily cronjob: 0 23 * * * /bin/sh /usr/bin/openhab-cli backup >/dev/null 2>&1
    )
    Since a couple of weeks, I have noticed that the backup takes 4 hours to create the zip file of the same amount of size. I have no clue what could be slowing down the backup process or how to troubleshoot. The logs do not indicate anything related.
    Can someone help how to pinpoint and possibly resolve the reason of this slow backup process?

Size, possibly ? It’s backing up logs and persistence. At some amount of data paging/swapping can kick in, particularly if you have memory hogs running.
Or your SD card may be short before its exitus.

Thanks!
Size is not an issue I guess. Only 2MB bigger than more than a month ago. Every Milestone update I do a clear-cache.
OH is not running on a SD-card but on an USB stick which is no longer than 6 months in use

The point is size of the backup process to consume RAM, resulting in paging or swapping to SD. Try moving the start point in time when there might be other RAM consuming stuff running.

A common but serious mistake.
USB sticks are just as bad or good as SD cards are w.r.t. wearout/risk of corruption.

Thanks, will check these out!