Small Bug

System - Windows
openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1763

I’ve picked a bug.

How do I fix this?

It seems that the degree sign ( °) isn’t setup correctly in your item definition. Could you show us how this item is defined?

I’ve not set the ( °) at all. doing the same this all temp items.

Number:Temperature LocalWeatherAndForecastCurrentTemperature “Outdoor temperature” {channel=“openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:2fffbfbae:local:current#temperature”}

In this case the degree sign migth be missing on the system you are actually using to display PaperUI.
Checking on my system with a temperature item without label-defi option did show the sign correctly.

How do I fix that? Check through myopenhab and the same thing?

What browser are you using to view? Seems it needs an additonal character set.

Google Chrome is up to date

Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Have you tried it using a different browsers?

The problem is probably due to the device you’re displaying Paper UI on. That device is probably using a font that does not support the degree symbol (°). Maybe because you’re using non-Latin characters by default.

If you use another device, does the problem appear there as well?

I’m getting more and more of this?

Same in IE

What does it shownin sitemap? Basic ui?

Did you ever try it on a different device as suggested above?

Yes. I’ve screen print a shot from my remote PC. Please see above. Thank for all your help!

PaperUI is for configuration but you should still see the correct info?? As @Thedannymullen mentioned what does it show in BasicUI or ClassicUI as this should be the place you control and view your devices.

Looking at this screenshot from PaperUI I see missing degree signs AND in one case there is a degree sign (sensor 5).

1 Like

Did you by any chance force your web browser to use a specific character encoding? If so, that could explain why your browser can’t render the degree sign (°), if the character encoding reported by the web server doesn’t match the browser’s.

It even show in my logs:
7:44:31.742 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalWeatherAndForecastForecastHours03Temperature changed from 7.92 �C to 7.84 �C
17:44:31.742 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalWeatherAndForecastForecastHours03MinTemperature changed from 7.92 �C to 7.84 �C
17:44:31.742 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalWeatherAndForecastForecastHours06Temperature changed from 7.54 �C to 7.47 �C
17:44:31.742 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalWeatherAndForecastForecastHours06MinTemperature changed from 7.54 �C to 7.47 �C
17:44:31.742 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalWeatherAndForecastForecastHours09Temperature changed from 6.09 �C to 6.05 �C
17:44:31.742 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalWeatherAndForecastForecastHours09MinTemperature changed from 6.09 �C to 6.05 �C
17:44:31.742 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalWeatherAndForecastForecastHours12Temperature changed from 5.83 �C to 5.8 �C
17:44:31.742 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalWeatherAndForecastForecastHours12MinTemperature changed from 5.83 �C to 5.8 �C

That is weird. The OpenWeatherMaps binding correctly reports °C on my setup, so something is misconfigured in terms of character set (code page) in your setup.

Thanks everyone. Still having the same issue. Check HABpanel and the same. Same even when logged in from remote PC -image