Greetings, and I hope everyone is managing as much as possible this ‘confined at home’ situation.
I’ve been contemplating automating my blinds and the few ‘feasible’ options out there include those from ‘MySmartBlinds’. The technology seems promising (per their web site and few Youtube reviews) and I’m interested in what other options are out there.
The add-on sets from MySmartBlinds run for about $160, and if I retrofit my 18 blinds (single/double) that’s a serious investment (~$3,000). Hence, I need to make sure I have the right solution before proceeding. Few questions:
- What viable options are out there?
- What’s your experience/impression with what you have now?
- How about Durability/Reliability ?
- Integration (Ease of) with OpenHab?
- Usage with native App e.g., can you operate/open/close all at once or only one at a time?
I’ve tried those from Ikea and was not too impressed, especially with the limited options available here in the US. During my last visit to the nearby store (North of Chicago), they only had a limited selection of widths, only available in dark gray, plus I’m not too fond of roller shutters.
So, any comments/feedback/advice ?