Smart home from scratch - looking for hardware recommendation

Hi,

I’ll be finishing my flat soon and I’m looking for some hardware recommendation and confirmation that current choices are ok:

Needs: light steering, automatic shutters, A/C controling, security

• On/off switches - Insteon On/Off Micro Module (?)
  • LED lightning - Mi-Light controllers (?)
  • Movement detector - Insteon (?)
  • Smoke detector - (?) maybe Insteon
  • Shutters - (?)
  • A/C - (? and the question is - would it work with standard A/C unit controled from the remote pilot)
  • Light sensor
  • Leak sensor - (?) Insteon
  • Open/close door sensor - (?) Insteon
  • Camera (is this possible to use USB camera connected to Raspberry Pi?)
  • Raspberry Pi as the main unit
  • Insteon HUB for controlling Insteon Devices (as I assume it’s required)

As I assume I would require in this configuration Insteon HUB + Raspberry Pi for controlling. I’ll be glas if you can reccomend something or event change my choices:)

Lots of opinions to follow :smile:

Switches and outlets, I had a previous investment in Insteon. I am staying with them because they work and have good range. I would not be scared of zwave switches either though at this point. I also tried the Insteon motion detectors, and they worked great at sensing… and at eating batteries. Batteries, even expensive lithium types lasted only weeks before they were toast. No thanks, switched to z-wave motion detectors and they are still registering full battery after a month so far.

for AC/HVAC I am using a z-wave thermostat to replace the old Honeywell I had. There is another thread about thermostats that is worth reading, but I am having good luck with the CT100 for $70. Connect the C wire and it becomes a powered z-wave repeater.

Leak/water sensor, I have used the Everspring and Aeon Labs, both z-wave, both work.

Open/close, I have used many. Not good luck with the Tripper, eats batteries. I have had good luck with two different types of z-wave Aeon devices. I have not tried the Insteon stuff.

For cameras, for me anymore, there is only Axis. I have tried a lot of cheap cameras and found they are just that. That being said, two of the cameras I still have are USB cameras. One attached to a beaglebone and one to a laptop. If you are running a Pi2, with a USB camera, that would work great. I recommend you check out the software called “motion” You can configure it in many ways including using the camera as a motion detector for pictures or video clips. link to Motion wiki page . Motion is available for most distributions as a package.

If you do a Pi, do a Pi2. You may find the original Pi line to not have enough power. The Pi2 is running well. Other options would be a Nuc or other micro factor PC, the Odroid line, or similar.

My current home setup is an old server (to be replaced soon with likely a Pi2, but something much more efficient) with the Insteon USB PLM, and the Aeon Z-stick gen5. Very HABpy with it :smile: Ok, that was corny.

Jim

1 Like

Hello,

My experinece:

• on/off switch - z-wave based
  • movement detector - integration with security system (I use Satel)
  • smoke detector, door sensor - the same (satel)

My main unit is laptop with openHab, mosquitto, zabbix and zoneminder. WiFi access points (openwrt) are used as local 1-wire -> mqtt gateways and usb camera streaming server (for zonemider). I have outdoor sound level meter connected to RPi2, which is also radio to mqtt gateway for arduino sensors (energy monitor, temperature, dust level etc). OpenHab is integrated with existing security system (Satel). I’m fetching all sensors status from this system (doors and movement). OpenHab can arm the security systems, but disarming is not allowed.
Now I want to add z-wave based on/off switches.

Wow, guys! Thanks for the great feedback (changed the way I was thinking about the system!)

@xsnrg you are right, I was thinking about Pi 2 :slight_smile: So it seems that USB camera would be enough in my case

Could you tell me more about Aeon Z-stick gen5 - as far as I understand this device allows OpenHab @ Pi 2 to communicate with Z-wave devices (without any other Z-wave controlls/hubs). And I cannot see it on supported devices list (maybe I’m blind :slight_smile: )

@mix_at_pl I’m assuming that you are also from Poland, could I communicate with you by e-mail in Polish? Satel looks good at the first sight but what about controll - is there any USB stick to transform Pi 2 into control device over sensors or it require dedicated Controll device (I’m assuming it cost approx 200$)

Didn’t have much luck with Insteon motion sensors either. Bought one, powered it with DC voltage power supply, but it gets into a weird state after a while.

Ended up using the wireless motion sensors of my alarm system via the alarmdecoder binding.

@dhr Satel binding requires either INT-RS or ETHM-1 module, but INT-RS support is just merged, so not available in 1.7.x.
Look at the wiki page for more information: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Satel-Alarm-Binding

Hello,
Rasperry connecting with integra
01:32:36.276 INFO o.o.c.s.AbstractActiveService[:169] - Satel Refresh Service has been started
01:32:36.287 INFO o.o.b.s.i.protocol.Ethm1Module[:65] - Connecting to ETHM-1 module at 192.168.10.201:7094
01:32:36.305 INFO o.o.b.s.i.protocol.Ethm1Module[:70] - ETHM-1 module connected successfuly

but not sending anny orders, i have enabled integration on ethm mobule. Can anybody send me examples of configuration files. items, rules, sitemap, script, i’m trying to do something, but doesn’t work.

Basic functionalityP which i need:
Roller Shutter UP DOWN (single, and group)
output controll (garage and others)
alarm arm/disarm
clearing alarms

Extra i need to connecting with smartphone (android), to get something like
https://github.com/smar000/openhab-dashboard/blob/master/tmp/image.jpg

Of course not for free $

There might be several reasons your OH cannot communicate with ethm-1 module.
First of all, do you have any errors (likely timeouts) for satel binding in the log?
The binding queries ethm-1 for version and integra type right after connection is established. You should have appropriate message in the log. Also please turn on debug level for the binding, this will help solving the issue.
Since this is not the best place for such kind of discussion please write to me directly or create new topic.

First of all, i think maybe have bad configuration, item sitemap,
items
Rollershutter RoletaGabinet “Roleta Gabinet” (rolety) { satel=“output:105,106”, autoupdate=“true” }
sitemap
sitemap dom label=“Dom” {
Frame {
Switch item=RoletaGabinet label=“Roleta Gabinet” mappings=[UP=“Góra”, DOWN=“Dół”]
}
}

For second i don’t now how to write directly to you, i’m new on this forum, i don’t see option send message.
I’m trying also
Switch AlarmConnection “Connection status” { satel=“module:connected” }
DateTime AlarmConnSince “Connected since [%1$tF %1$tR]” { satel=“module:connected_since” }
but have error
01:05:40.319 ERROR o.o.m.i.i.GenericItemProvider[:343] - Binding configuration of type ‘satel’ of item ‘AlarmConnection‘ could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: Invalid binding configuration: module:connected
at org.openhab.binding.satel.internal.SatelGenericBindingProvider.createBindingConfig(SatelGenericBindingProvider.java:108)
01:05:40.328 ERROR o.o.m.i.i.GenericItemProvider[:343] - Binding configuration of type ‘satel’ of item ‘AlarmConnSince‘ could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: Invalid binding configuration: module:connected_since
at org.openhab.binding.satel.internal.SatelGenericBindingProvider.createBindingConfig(SatelGenericBindingProvider.java:108)

I think it will be better if you give me email adress or something other. Maybe we can speak in Polish :smile:

Launching the openHAB runtime in debug mode…
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8001
osgi> 01:07:42.836 WARN o.e.j.u.c.AbstractLifeCycle[:199] - FAILED SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:414)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:406)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:214)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:182)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:260)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:273)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
01:07:43.998 WARN o.e.j.u.c.AbstractLifeCycle[:199] - FAILED SslSelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8443: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:414)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:406)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:214)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:182)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:260)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ssl.SslSelectChannelConnector.doStart(SslSelectChannelConnector.java:626)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:273)
01:07:44.035 WARN o.e.j.u.c.AbstractLifeCycle[:199] - FAILED org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server@9692a6: MultiException[java.net.BindException: Address already in use, java.net.BindException: Address already in use]
org.eclipse.jetty.util.MultiException: Multiple exceptions
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:255)
at org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.internal.serverfactory.ServerInstanceWrapper.start(ServerInstanceWrapper.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.internal.serverfactory.JettyServerServiceTracker.serviceChanged(JettyServerServiceTracker.java:112)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:107)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:861)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:819)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:771)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:130)
01:07:45.145 WARN o.e.j.o.b.i.s.JettyServerServiceTracker[:116] -
org.eclipse.jetty.util.MultiException: Multiple exceptions
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:255)
at org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.internal.serverfactory.ServerInstanceWrapper.start(ServerInstanceWrapper.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.internal.serverfactory.JettyServerServiceTracker.serviceChanged(JettyServerServiceTracker.java:112)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:107)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:861)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:819)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:771)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:130)
01:07:45.292 DEBUG o.o.c.s.i.SchedulerActivator[:36] - Scheduler has been started.
01:07:45.549 INFO o.q.impl.StdSchedulerFactory[:1175] - Using default implementation for ThreadExecutor
01:07:45.660 INFO o.q.core.SchedulerSignalerImpl[:61] - Initialized Scheduler Signaller of type: class org.quartz.core.SchedulerSignalerImpl
01:07:45.663 INFO o.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler[:243] - Quartz Scheduler v.2.1.7 created.
01:07:45.672 INFO org.quartz.simpl.RAMJobStore[:154] - RAMJobStore initialized.
01:07:45.680 INFO o.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler[:268] - Scheduler meta-data: Quartz Scheduler (v2.1.7) ‘openHAB-job-scheduler’ with instanceId ‘NON_CLUSTERED’
Scheduler class: ‘org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler’ - running locally.
NOT STARTED.
Currently in standby mode.
Number of jobs executed: 0
Using thread pool ‘org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool’ - with 2 threads.
Using job-store ‘org.quartz.simpl.RAMJobStore’ - which does not support persistence. and is not clustered.

01:07:45.682 INFO o.q.impl.StdSchedulerFactory[:1324] - Quartz scheduler ‘openHAB-job-scheduler’ initialized from specified file: ‘./etc/quartz.properties’
01:07:45.684 INFO o.q.impl.StdSchedulerFactory[:1328] - Quartz scheduler version: 2.1.7
01:07:45.687 INFO o.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler[:534] - Scheduler openHAB-job-scheduler_$_NON_CLUSTERED started.
01:07:45.717 DEBUG o.o.c.core.ConfigDispatcher[:146] - Processing openHAB default configuration file ‘/home/pi/openhab/configurations/openhab_default.cfg’.
01:07:46.168 DEBUG o.o.c.core.ConfigDispatcher[:168] - Processing openHAB main configuration file ‘/home/pi/openhab/configurations/openhab.cfg’.
01:07:46.304 DEBUG o.o.c.internal.CoreActivator[:93] - UUID file already exists at ‘/home/pi/openhab/webapps/static/uuid’ with content ‘e2c311f6-db5e-42c0-9b75-c2830550c935’
01:07:46.310 DEBUG o.o.c.internal.CoreActivator[:115] - Created file ‘/home/pi/openhab/webapps/static/version’ with content ‘1.5.1’
01:07:46.312 INFO o.o.c.internal.CoreActivator[:61] - openHAB runtime has been started (v1.5.1).
01:07:46.452 DEBUG o.o.c.a.i.AutoUpdateActivator[:31] - AutoUpdate binding has been started.
01:07:51.593 DEBUG o.o.m.p.i.PersistenceModelActivator[:23] - Registered ‘persistence’ configuration parser
01:07:51.666 DEBUG o.o.c.t.i.TransformationActivator[:38] - Transformation Service has been started.
01:07:51.901 DEBUG o.o.i.g.internal.GCalActivator[:34] - Google Calendar IO has been started.
01:07:52.015 DEBUG o.o.i.m.i.MultimediaActivator[:34] - Multimedia I/O bundle has been started.
01:07:52.115 DEBUG o.o.i.s.i.DiscoveryServiceActivator[:27] - Discovery service has been started.
01:07:52.178 DEBUG o.o.i.t.mqtt.MqttService[:121] - Starting MQTT Service…
01:07:52.746 DEBUG o.o.m.i.i.ItemModelActivator[:24] - Registered ‘item’ configuration parser
01:07:53.281 DEBUG o.o.c.i.items.ItemRegistryImpl[:137] - Item provider ‘GenericItemProvider’ has been added.
01:07:56.886 DEBUG o.o.m.s.i.SitemapModelActivator[:23] - Registered ‘sitemap’ configuration parser
01:07:58.352 DEBUG o.o.m.r.i.RuleModelActivator[:42] - Registered ‘rules’ configuration parser
01:07:58.397 DEBUG o.o.m.r.i.engine.RuleEngine[:78] - Started rule engine
01:07:59.937 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model ‘dom.sitemap’
01:08:00.751 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model ‘rrd4j.persist’
01:08:00.875 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model ‘exec.persist’
01:08:00.907 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model ‘logging.persist’
01:08:00.946 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model ‘db4o.persist’
01:08:01.283 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model ‘dom.rules’
01:08:01.988 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model ‘dom.script’
01:08:02.253 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.SatelActivator[:30] - Satel binding has been started.
01:08:02.394 INFO o.o.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl[:79] - Loading model ‘dom.items’
01:08:02.427 INFO o.o.c.s.AbstractActiveService[:169] - Satel Refresh Service has been started
01:08:02.428 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:441] - Communication thread started
01:08:02.430 DEBUG o.o.b.s.internal.SatelBinding[:76] - Module not initialized yet, skipping refresh
01:08:02.434 INFO o.o.b.s.i.protocol.Ethm1Module[:65] - Connecting to ETHM-1 module at 192.168.10.201:7094
01:08:02.452 INFO o.o.b.s.i.protocol.Ethm1Module[:70] - ETHM-1 module connected successfuly
01:08:02.457 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7E, payload =
01:08:02.480 DEBUG o.o.m.i.i.GenericItemProvider[:154] - Processing binding configs for items from model ‘dom.items’
01:08:02.515 ERROR o.o.m.i.i.GenericItemProvider[:343] - Binding configuration of type ‘satel’ of item ‘AlarmConnection‘ could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: Invalid binding configuration: module:connected
at org.openhab.binding.satel.internal.SatelGenericBindingProvider.processBindingConfiguration(SatelGenericBindingProvider.java:57)
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:341)
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:317)
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.processBindingConfigsFromModel(GenericItemProvider.java:171)
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.modelChanged(GenericItemProvider.java:379)
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.notifyListeners(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:158)
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.addOrRefreshModel(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:84)
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.checkFolder(FolderObserver.java:142)
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.run(FolderObserver.java:99)
01:08:02.525 ERROR o.o.m.i.i.GenericItemProvider[:343] - Binding configuration of type ‘satel’ of item ‘AlarmConnSince‘ could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: Invalid binding configuration: module:connected_since
at org.openhab.binding.satel.internal.SatelGenericBindingProvider.processBindingConfiguration(SatelGenericBindingProvider.java:57)
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:341)
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:317)
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.processBindingConfigsFromModel(GenericItemProvider.java:171)
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.modelChanged(GenericItemProvider.java:379)
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.notifyListeners(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:158)
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.addOrRefreshModel(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:84)
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.checkFolder(FolderObserver.java:142)
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.run(FolderObserver.java:99)
01:08:02.528 DEBUG o.o.m.i.i.GenericItemProvider[:133] - Read items from model ‘dom.items’
01:08:02.705 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7E, payload = 03 31 31 33 32 30 31 35 30 33 31 34 00 00
01:08:02.710 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: IntegraVersionEvent: type = 3, version = 1.13 2015-03-14, language = 0, settingsInFlash = false
01:08:02.712 INFO o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:195] - Connection to Integra 128 initialized. Version: 1.13 2015-03-14.
01:08:12.435 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:08:13.203 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF FF FF FF
01:08:13.211 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:08:13.214 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 17, payload =
01:08:13.455 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 17, payload = 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
01:08:13.458 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: IntegraStateEvent: object = OUTPUT, state = OUTPUT, active = [3,4]
01:08:22.435 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:08:22.453 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:08:22.463 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:08:32.435 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:08:32.453 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:08:32.459 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:08:42.436 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:08:42.453 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:08:42.465 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:08:52.437 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:08:52.453 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:08:52.461 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:09:02.438 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:09:02.453 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:09:02.462 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:09:12.437 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:09:12.453 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:09:12.462 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:09:22.438 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:09:22.452 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:09:22.464 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:09:32.438 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:09:32.451 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:09:32.457 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:09:42.438 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:09:42.451 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:09:42.457 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:09:52.439 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:09:52.450 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:09:52.457 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:10:02.439 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:10:02.451 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:10:02.459 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]
01:10:12.439 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:353] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload =
01:10:12.450 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.protocol.SatelModule[:364] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = FF FF 7F FF FF
01:10:12.456 DEBUG o.o.b.s.i.e.EventDispatcher[:56] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,19,1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27]

@xsnrg – Dont mean to high jack this threadh but @xsnrg how did you get the CT100 to working with OH? Are you using OH2 or OH1?

Using openHAB2, the CT-100 should be recognized if it is included to the controller. If you are having trouble, please start a new thread and I will see what I can do to help.

@xsnrg, thank you, i created another thread, CT100 Thermostat OH2 binding -- Resolved