SmartHome doesn't recognize openhab2-conf folder

SmartHome doesn’t seem to allow me access to the entire configuration folder, i.e. it is possible to open openhab2-conf\items and use these files, but it isn’t possible to open both an items file and any other file at the same time, e.g. a rules file.

To open the rules file I have to open openhab2-conf\rules in the configurations tab - this then closes any open files e.g. items files.

Am I doing something wrong or is this by design?

Note opening openhab2-conf folder effectively just gives a blank screen, i.e. nothing in configuration tab.

Should work, see

“openhab2-conf” sounds as if you are using the debian package. I don’t have experience with that, maybe there is something special about access rights or something like that?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’m using a Raspberry Pi. I have been using openhab1 for about 18 months and am now working on getting openhab2 fully operational.

The behavior is strange. After playing I have found a solution which works:

If I use a samba share on /etc, then I can browse to openhab2 and get:

But if use the samba share for /etc/openhab2 (the same directory) I get:

The sambe share for etc looks like:

[etc]
comment = etc
path = /etc
browseable = Yes
writeable = Yes
only guest = no
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
public = no
force user = root

While the samba conf entry for openhab2-conf looks like:

[openHAB2-conf]
comment=openHAB2 site configuration
path=/etc/openhab2
browseable=Yes
writeable=Yes
only guest=no
public=no
create mask=0777
directory mask=0777
force user = root

regards…

@ThomDietrich Maybe you can tell what the problem of this share is as you made it work on openHABian already?

Hello @WayneStronach, other users having the exact same problem where trying to use the network share directly instead of a mounted drive:

openHABian hassle-free openHAB Setup

@Kai I’ll need to make that more clear in docs.