I’ve been playing with OH1.8.3 for my little home automation project and wanted to start on the latest snapshot builds of OH2.
My question is, would it be possible to carry out an in-place upgrade to the final stable release of OpenHAB 2 when it’s released? If not, I’d rather stay with my current build and hold off until the final stable version…
while OH2 is not final yet, switching over is still a good idea as it is already quite stable and development on bindings has mostly shifted to OH2. A big part of openHAB changed between 1.x and 2.0 - therefore upgrading would simply mean removing OH1.8 and installing OH2. As you can see, there is no point in waiting for an “upgradable” release.
- Make a backup of your configuration
- Purge openHAB 1.x
- Remove the custom repository (
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab.list or similar)
- Install openHAB 2: http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html
- Restore your configuration by copying and adopting to the new syntax step by step. You do not have to use the alternative PaperUI
@ThomDietrich Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. I meant upgrading from a snapshot build of OH2 to the final stable release version when it comes out.
For my particular project, as I’m still playing around with various options and ideas, I thought it would be good to continue on the latest build but wanted to ensure that I wouldn’t have to rebuild for the final version of OH2