Snapshots starting with 2.5.0~S1568-1 broke JSONDB parsing

Should not be too long :stuck_out_tongue:

Good :blush:

1570 is ready. And the issue is solved .

-add your thing back in 1570. restart oh

Thanks!

Unfortunately we are. I will look into the root cause.

No, not really. Even the snapshot build has to be triggered manually.

Good to hear.

2.5.0~S1571-1 seems to still be very broken. All of my zwave devices are showing up in the inbox, and uninitialized.

@bhomeyer I had the same issues. After reassigning the Port Configuration / Serial Port in the controller setting and a restart with

sudo shutdown -r now

it worked for me with #1560.

I wound up removing the controller thing and re-adding it (with the same thing id), but now I have duplicates. All the things in inbox are duplicates of the things that are now working. Very odd.

1 Like

This is caused because you have two controllers with different UIDs - if you had change the UID to be the same for the controller when you added it back, then it would have produced the same UID for the things in the inboxā€¦

Yup, I guess the point was that by upgrading I wound up with a new controller that I didnā€™t add.

Not sure if it is related.

I had the issue described in this ticket. I just upgraded to the latest release (1571).
When starting OH, I still get:

2019-04-16 19:54:31.461 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@378cf739'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
2019-04-16 19:54:31.463 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@7341f76a'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
2019-04-16 19:54:31.464 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@2657f25e'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
2019-04-16 19:54:31.465 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@1d52f703'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels

Additionally, I also get:

2019-04-16 19:57:06.975 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-denonmarantz, openhab-binding-mqttitude1, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-netatmo, openhab-binding-tesla, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-binding-knx1, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-misc-market, openhab-binding-tcp1, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-action-telegram, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-expire1': Invalid Manifest header "Bundle-Version": 1.1.4c
2019-04-16 19:58:07.350 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-denonmarantz, openhab-binding-mqttitude1, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-netatmo, openhab-binding-tesla, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-binding-knx1, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-misc-market, openhab-binding-tcp1, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-action-telegram, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-expire1': Invalid Manifest header "Bundle-Version": 1.1.4c
2019-04-16 19:59:12.754 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-denonmarantz, openhab-binding-mqttitude1, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-netatmo, openhab-binding-tesla, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-binding-knx1, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-misc-market, openhab-binding-tcp1, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-action-telegram, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-expire1': Invalid Manifest header "Bundle-Version": 1.1.4c

I tried restarting OH and clearing the cache, to no availā€¦

Dont know if its related but my tellstick is still not showing any results and the following error is in my log:

> 2019-04-16 23:57:13.616 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'tellstick-new.things'
> 
> 2019-04-16 23:57:14.917 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@1b89a3f'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
> 
> 2019-04-16 23:57:14.921 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@1ddd2fa'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
> 
> 2019-04-16 23:57:14.924 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@198785'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
> 
> 2019-04-16 23:57:14.927 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@1028c70'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
> 
> 2019-04-16 23:57:14.939 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@56940d'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
> 
> 2019-04-16 23:57:14.942 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@1c5c87f'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels
> 
> 2019-04-16 23:57:14.945 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@1824ded'. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels

Iā€™ve created a PR with a fix for this issue:

https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/5470

You might workaround it by temporarily uninstalling the LG webOS Binding until the fix is available.

Hi @wborn,

Thanks. I downgraded to #1566, uninstalled the lg webos binding and upgraded back to #1571. That worked!

Regarding the ā€œCouldnā€™t deserialize valueā€: I could only solve it by completely purging my jsondb.