Solaredge inverter via Modbus TCP 2

Hi @Levin1,

sorry for the late answer…
I reviewed your reply to my post and asked myself the same question.

In the end I must admit, that I was using the openhab discovery function for the inverter and meter Things. I can’t tell you, why the Things use the same register range :smiley:
In my “manual” config, this had been configured differently.

Regards
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, I didn’t use the discovery.
However I don’t care about the errors anymore, as long as I get the values when I need them to optimize my energy consumption :slight_smile:

Regards
Levin

Hi,

I have a Solaredge inverter and meter and a BYD battery.
I can the receive the values with the sunspec binding for the inverter and meter. Inverter and meter were automatically discovered by OpenHAB. Great work! :+1:
Furthermore I can read the current power of the byd battery through the Modbus binding.

But I have the problem that the total ac power value from the inverter does not much the values from the Solaredge app. The byd battery power seams to be correct.

At the moment I am using the energy from the battery with ~0,35 kW and no power from the grid. The Solaredge app also shows a current house consumption of ~0,35 kW.
But the total ac power value received for the inverter through sunspec shows only 0,27 kW.
Do I need to use the ac power factor to get the correct value?

Other values such as lifetime energy production are correct and serial etc. are shown correctly.

Regards, Mark

be aware that the app gives some average (think 15min or so) rather than the current value.
The current value can be seen on the screen (if you have a model with screen)

My fault was that the power from the battery is dc and the inverter power is ac. You need to use the ac power factor to calculate the real ac power, that is provided by the battery.

The values in the solaredge app are not real because they show the values without considering the transformation loss.

1 Like