[SOLVED] Adding Apple Homekit Support Issue

Hello I have 7 Wemo switches that all work well. 3 are insight. I have been trying to add Apple Homekit support. The first thing that I have done is to add [switchable] to each of the wemo switches (the state part) and not at the end of the currwnt power part. When I do all Thing links are instantley lost and all of the switches show up as Wemo switches in the Paper UI control area. I am at a loss to why this is. Below is the items file that I have changed that breaks this. i need the switchable for the Homekit part though.

/*First Floor*/
Switch BedroomLights    "Bedroom Lights"        <Light>     (FF_Bedroom)	{ channel="wemo:socket:BedroomLights:state" }			[Switchable]
Switch TestOne      	"Test One"        		<Light>     (FF_Bedroom)    { channel="wemo:insight:TestOne:state" }  				[Switchable]
Number TestOneCP    	"Test OneCP"        	<Light>     (FF_Bedroom)    { channel="wemo:insight:TestOneCP:currentPower" }	

/*Ground Floor*/
Switch HallLight        "Hall Light"            <Light>     (GF_Hall)		{ channel="wemo:socket:HallLight:state" }				[Switchable]
Switch LoungeLight      "Lounge Light"          <Light>     (GF_Lounge)		{ channel="wemo:socket:LoungeLight:state" }				[Switchable]
Switch TV               "TV"                    <Light>     (GF_Lounge)		{ channel="wemo:insight:TV:state" }						[Switchable]
Number TVCP				"TVCP"					<Light>		(GF_Lounge)		{ channel="wemo:insight:TVCP:currentPower" }			

/*Garden*/
Switch TestTwo      	"Test Two"          	<Light>     (Garden)		{ channel="wemo:insight:TestTwostate" }					[Switchable]
Number TestTwo    		"Test TwoCP"       		<Light>     (Garden)		{ channel="wemo:insight:TestTwoCP:currentPower" }	
Switch TestThree      	"Test Three"        	<Light>     (Garden)		{ channel="wemo:socket:TestThree:state" }				[Switchable]

Apologies. Noticed I missed out the “” from within the [ ]. These have been added but the same still remains.

The order of these attributes in your file is wrong.

Change it to this:

/*First Floor*/
Switch BedroomLights    "Bedroom Lights"        <Light>     (FF_Bedroom)	[ "Switchable" ] { channel="wemo:socket:BedroomLights:state" }
Switch TestOne      	"Test One"        		<Light>     (FF_Bedroom)   [ "Switchable" ]  { channel="wemo:insight:TestOne:state" }
Number TestOneCP    	"Test OneCP"        	<Light>     (FF_Bedroom)    { channel="wemo:insight:TestOneCP:currentPower" }	

/*Ground Floor*/
Switch HallLight        "Hall Light"            <Light>     (GF_Hall)		[ "Switchable" ] { channel="wemo:socket:HallLight:state" }
Switch LoungeLight      "Lounge Light"          <Light>     (GF_Lounge)		[ "Switchable" ] { channel="wemo:socket:LoungeLight:state" }
Switch TV               "TV"                    <Light>     (GF_Lounge)		[ "Switchable" ] { channel="wemo:insight:TV:state" }
Number TVCP				"TVCP"					<Light>		(GF_Lounge)		{ channel="wemo:insight:TVCP:currentPower" }			

/*Garden*/
Switch TestTwo      	"Test Two"          	<Light>     (Garden)		[ "Switchable" ] { channel="wemo:insight:TestTwostate" }
Number TestTwo    		"Test TwoCP"       		<Light>     (Garden)		{ channel="wemo:insight:TestTwoCP:currentPower" }	
Switch TestThree      	"Test Three"        	<Light>     (Garden)		[ "Switchable" ] { channel="wemo:socket:TestThree:state" }				

Ah fantastic thanks very much that has done the trick. I couldn’t see that in the example so great one

Many thanks.

1 Like