[SOLVED] Adding support for Feit WiFi LED bulbs from Costco

Just as a follow up… I reflashed my bulbs with Tasmota. I have been playing with them off and on for awhile. They work to an extent, but I am still trying to figure out the commands, especially now that Openhab 3.1 is out. I’ve made some progress, but MQTT is a PITA. I got a lot of help here because the documentation was bad. At any rate, they are sort of working, but I’m still working on it. The reflash option is definitely the best way to go, at least for me. Thanks Russ for the reflash idea.

Note that Tuya has made changes to both their hardware and firmware, which makes flashing Tasmota much more difficult on new devices. If the device still has an ESP8266 then you can do it by connecting wires to the chip, but Tuya-Convert no longer works in most cases.

Personally, I’m not planning to buy any more Tuya devices. TP-Link Kasas are typically priced about the same and work directly with openHAB.

I bought these a couple of years ago and was able to flash them with no problem. At this point, I’m just trying to finalize my configuration so the commands work properly. Lots of trial and error. One of the bulbs is the main light in my bedroom, so as long as I can at least turn it off/on by vocal command, I’m good. It’s just getting the colors and dimming to work. And, of course, OH3 changed everything, so it feels like I’m starting over. And since I didn’t really have a good grasp of MQTT to begin with, it feels like I’m starting over. More research… :upside_down_face: It’s improving…

I agree with not getting any more of the bulbs. Actually, I’ve decided to stay away from Feit altogether. We bought some plugs (6-pack) from Costco, and they don’t work with OH. Haven’t looked into reflashing them. Since they are relatively new, I’d probably run into the flashing issue you mentioned, and I’m not looking for another headache. I just use their app for those. When I get the bulbs working correctly, I MAY look into the plugs???

Thank you again for all your help. It has relieved my stress levels a bit. I appreciate it.

1 Like