[SOLVED] Aeotec Z-Stick, Pine64 (openHAB Distro) & openHAB2

I downloaded and created an SD card for the Pine64 openHABian install. I went through the setup process and ran through the Serial Port setup as well. My Z-Stick Gen5 is being detected by my OS.

[ 4135.886201] usb 4-1: new full-speed USB device number 4 using sunxi-ohci
[ 4136.106042] cdc_acm 4-1:1.0: This device cannot do calls on its own. It is not a modem.
[ 4136.115787] cdc_acm 4-1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

As you can see openHAB2 is running with the proper serial settings.

/usr/bin/java -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab2 -Dopenhab.conf=/etc/openhab2 -Dopenhab.runtime=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime -Dopenhab.userdata=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dopenhab.logdir=/var/log/openhab2 -Dfelix.cm.dir=/var/lib/openhab2/config -Dorg.osgi.service.http.port=8080 -Dorg.osgi.service.http.port.secure=8443 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyS2:/dev/ttyAMA0 -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/jre/lib/endorsed:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/endorsed:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/endorsed -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/jre/lib/ext:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/ext -Dkaraf.instances=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/instances -Dkaraf.home=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime -Dkaraf.base=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dkaraf.data=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dkaraf.etc=/var/lib/openhab2/etc -Dkaraf.restart.jvm.supported=true -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/lib/openhab2/tmp -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/var/lib/openhab2/etc/java.util.logging.properties -Dkaraf.startLocalConsole=false -Dkaraf.startRemoteShell=true -classpath /usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.diagnostic.boot-4.0.8.jar:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.jaas.boot-4.0.8.jar:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.main-4.0.8.jar:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/boot/org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar org.apache.karaf.main.Main

and as you can see I’m getting the dreaded does not exists message

2017-06-03 17:14:37.604 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:serial_zstick:10ab4142’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Serial Error: Port /dev/ttyACM0 does not exist

as you can see openhab is in the correct groups

[17:15:31] root@openHABianPine64:~# ls -al /dev/ttyACM0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 166, 0 Jun 3 17:01 /dev/ttyACM0
[17:15:28] root@openHABianPine64:~# groups openhab
openhab : openhab tty dialout

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

So after some digging today on the forums I found out that the problems I’m experiencing are related to a JVM 64bit issue reported with some of the lib’s.

Here’s what I’ve done to fix it for the time being:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install openjdk-8-jre-headless:armhf
sudo update-alternatives --config java

Then choose the java version that references armhf in my case it was 2

Then I stopped & started openahb2

1 Like