[SOLVED] After update to openHAB 2.4 problems with homematic roller shutters

Hello openHAB communitiy,

I update today more or less by accident my openhabianpi to openHAB 2.4. Thanks for your constant work on this project!!

After updating my MQTT configuration, I am now still facing problems with may homematic blinds. They are not visible for alexa anymore over the hue emulation.

I can control them over my sitemap but I get errors in the log:

Exception while formatting value '100' of item R_Rollaeden with format '%.2f %unit%': Conversion 

I see a lot of this errors. I use homematic HM-LC-Ja1PBU-Fm and G-HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM.
Both make the same error and also Alexa don’t find them any more. Also the slider in the sitemap shows a question mark.

roll

Any idea?

OK Guys, after I deleted all old 2.3 Devices in the Alexa App, Alexa can control the blinds again.

The question mark in the sitemap stays and also the error in the log…

hmmm :slight_smile:

Have you tried changing that formating to %.2f %% or %.2f %?

I am not aware that I configured any formating. I don’t see somthing in the item:

Rollershutter alexa_rollos "Jalousien" ["Lighting"] {channel="homematic..."}

And also not in the sitemap:

Slider item=alexa_rollos icon="blinds" switchSupport

Where shall I look?

From 2.3 to 2.4 you will need to delete your homematic things and recreate them…
See:

I did that already! And my log is still full of errors and now I see http exceptions also… :frowning:
Not sure how othen i rebooted now… My Alexa connection is stiil very unstable.

Update after one night:
The log is full of exceptions and errors. Devices and bridges going offline and online. Everything is very, very slow. It takes many seconds until a light reacts on a switch (If it reacts)

A bit frustrating. I will roll back to openHAB 2.3 now.

I can provide the 2.4 log files from over night, if anyone is interested.

Happy new year to all!

I am happy because I managed a stable update to openHAB 2.4 by increasing the java heap size. Now its stable!

But the the error/warning in the log on each opening of a sitemap with roller shutters remains:

019-01-01 09:54:03.673 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Exception while formatting value '0' of item R_Rollaeden with format '%.2f %unit%': Conversion = 'u'

2019-01-01 09:54:03.681 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Exception while formatting value '0' of item alexa_rollos with format '%.2f %unit%': Conversion = 'u'

2019-01-01 09:54:03.688 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Exception while formatting value '0' of item alexa_slats with format '%.2f %unit%': Conversion = 'u'

And the sliders in the sitemap still show “Err” instead a value.

Any idea whats wrong?

@vzorglub: I did this completely. Some errors disappear not this one!

Nobody with the same problem who found a solution :wink:???

Hi,
I solved it now! I simply added a format to all “Rollershutter” items.

Before:

Rollershutter alexa_rollos "Jalousien" ["Lighting"] {channel="homematic..."}

After

Rollershutter alexa_rollos "Jalousien [%d %%]" ["Lighting"] {channel="homematic..."}

Now the log is clean and my sitemap looks like this:
Unbenannt

Thanks @vzorglub. I thought about your hint and came to this idea.
There seams to be a change between openhab 2.3 and openhab 2.4 that this formating is needed.