[SOLVED] Alexa binding, still referring to old item names

  • Platform information:

    • Release = Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS

    • Kernel = Linux 3.14.79-116

    • Hardware: odroid c2

    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-8u191-b12-ubuntu0.16.04.1-b12)

    • openHAB version: 2.3.0-1

  • Issue of the topic: Alexa app containing old items which I have renamed

About a year ago I setup OH2 with Alexa with a sonoff to switch a light on and off. This was working perfectly. I haven’t used it in ages and have now setup the sonoff to switch the Christmas lights on and off.

I renamed the item description:

Switch XmasLounge "Christmas Lights" <light> (LR,gLight) ["Lighting"]
    { mqtt=">[mosquitto:cmnd/sonoff-lounge/POWER:command:*:default],
            <[mosquitto:stat/sonoff-loungePOWER:state:default]" }

The problem I am having is on myopenhab I don’t see any items listed (Not sure if there have even been though)
Its reporting online since last Thursday. I have tried restarting OH2.

Also the last notification is a few months ago:

|02/13/2018|openHAB is online|

Alexa is also saying there is no device called Christmas lights.

On my Alexa app I can also still see the previous item called “Garage Lights”
If I try and switch it on, in the logs I get:

2018-12-01 17:57:10.583 [INFO ] [rest.core.internal.item.ItemResource] - Received HTTP POST request at 'items/LivingRoom_Light' for the unknown item 'LivingRoom_Light

What am I missing here? How do I refresh the items on Alexa and why aren’t any of the items showing under myopenhab?

Make sure PaperUI is not showing the old item.

Clean the cache and tmp files with

sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service

sudo openhab-cli

sudo systemctl start openhab2.service

On the Alexa app, make sure the “Garage Light” is removed, then search for new devices. The app should pick up the new “Christmas Lights” item.

Not sure about this issue.

Thanks very much. Got it working. I’d forgotten that alexa app doesnt auto sync with items. I needed to search for new devices and then also delete the old :slight_smile:

Items are still blank in myopenhab so I think its always been that. This was throwing me off. Will just ignore that as its working perfect now.

Glad you got it worked out.

If you would please mark the post solved by clicking the square box (lower right corner) on the post that provided the solution.

Thanks