[SOLVED] Astro delay not working as expected

Hi all

I’m using Philips Hue outdoor lights but would like to switch off the power to the lamps during the night. Switching off works, but now I’m struggling with switching it on at sunset.

I tried to setup two astro things, one that starts a minute before the normal sunset:

astro:sun:home [ geolocation="24.5276764,-78.1781894" ]
astro:sun:homeOffset [ geolocation="24.5276764,-78.1781894" ] {
    Channels:  
        Type start: set#start [
            offset=-1
        ]
        Type end: set#end [
            offset=1
        ]
}

Defined two items to check it:

DateTime Time_Sunset	"Sunset [%1$tH:%1$tM]" 			 	<sunset> 	{channel="astro:sun:home:set#start"}
DateTime Time_Sunset_minus1 "Sunset - 1min [%1$tH:%1$tM]"   <sunset>    {channel="astro:sun:homeOffset:set#start"}

In the sitemap, the two Sunsets are 1 minute apart, so everything looks correct.

But when using the offset in rules, it doesn’t work
I defined two rules, one with astro:sun:home:set#event and one with

when
    Channel 'astro:sun:homeOffset:set#event' triggered START
then

In the events.log, both rules trigger at the same time:

2019-04-25 20:29:00.006 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - astro:sun:home:set#event triggered START
2019-04-25 20:29:00.006 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - astro:sun:homeOffset:set#event triggered START

I would have expected homeOffset to trigger at 20:28 already as I have defined a one minute difference for that channel.
Did I misunderstand something?

The event triggers and the datetime channels generated by astro binding are different things.
You’ll need to configure offset events in your Things as well.

Type rangeEvent : set#event [
            offset=-1
        ]

Thanks a lot! Actually, I see it’s in the full example of the docs too. But I didn’t get that there’s difference between “event offset” and “datetime offset”.