May we see your events.log showing this Item changing? The command event you showed us before will not trigger this rule.
Has your edited rule actually loaded? (and so replaced earlier versions)
You need to keep an eye on your openhab.log when editing rules.
How do you know the rule is not triggered? It may have an error - see your openhab.log.
Or it is possible to execute your rule with a value of w like 60, and nothing will happen to be seen in your log.
Ah now I see, that’s a bit dumb
Thank you all, everything seem to work now as I wanted, I also integrated the rain exception, it’s a bit dry now but I will check if it’s working properly when there is a lot of rain again
Well, the item is a simple fake ON/OFF switch, I created a switch in Habpanel to easily use the switch button.
It worked before but now there is something strange with it, it keeps in the state (ON or OFF) that it already is and just set the switch to the same state again, like you can see here were I multiple times pushed the switch button:
2020-07-25 09:03:15.321 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Rule_Trigger’ received command OFF
2020-07-25 09:03:15.868 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Rule_Trigger’ received command OFF
2020-07-25 09:03:15.992 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LocalRaspberry_Sensors_CPUTemperature changed from 37.6 to 38.6
2020-07-25 09:03:16.443 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Rule_Trigger’ received command OFF
2020-07-25 09:03:16.949 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Rule_Trigger’ received command OFF
It keeps getting the command to go off, so the trigger that I had that was looking for the event where it changed from ON to OFF or OFF to ON, will only happens one time after a reboot. Don’t know why yet…
Rephrase as, the UI keeps sending OFF
To toggle a switch i.e. send OFF if the last thing was ON, the UI would look at the current state to invert it.
I’ve no idea about HABpanel configuring or where that can go wrong.
Yea it always worked like that because I use this trigger for months and it always worked. I’ve nothing special configured in the HABpanel for the switch, just a plain ON/OFF switch with the trigger item selected.
Will try to remove both the item as the switch in HABpanel and create them again, maybe that will solve the problem.
Maybe worth a look. Sometimes people get caught when creating a “new” Item with a name like TestSwitch, and it picks up rubbish left over from some other experiment a year ago involving a long forgotten TestSwitch.
Zombie link checking -
Bear in mind we’e going down this side issue rabbithole only because your test Item doesn’t seem to be autoupdating as expected. Autoupdate explanation -
It’s all rather off-topic as you have your rule working … but I wouldn’t like mystery happenings in my own system
I kept trying several scenarios but the items seems just right, I was able to replicate the issue but I thinks its more an browser issue.
I’m using Safari on a MacBook Pro, and the problem seems to start when I open a tab with my HabPanel, open some other tabs, after an hour or so, the trigger switch doesn’t seem to work like it used to. When I reload the page, it’s works again like it used to. Tried it several times and it kept happening when I did what I described before.