[Solved] Bindings not updating?

I’m running the latest snapshots and noticing the following error in my log file:

2017-04-22 07:55:44.953 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-serial1, openhab-binding-ecobee1, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-binding-mios1, openhab-binding-harmonyhub, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-action-ecobee, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-action-mail, openhab-misc-marketplace, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-action-mios': Error restarting bundles

And seeing that many of my bindings still have March and February dates on them even though it appears in some of the binding discussions (i.e. HarmonyHub) that they’ve been updated multiple times since then. At one point a month or so back when I was having some issues I did install the openhab-addons package but since have both uninstalled and purged it. Not sure if a file got left behind that’s causing this issue?

@rgerrans
Here are some things you can try to resolve this:

1. Check if “Access Remote Repository” is enabled (Paper UI -> Configuration -> System)
  2. Check if remote = false is set in /conf/services/addons.cfg, commenting it or using true will enable online repositories

To get rid of openhab-addons package leftovers you can do the following:

1. stop openHAB
  2. backup your openHAB
  3. remove openhab-addons-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.kar from your /conf/addons directory if it is still there
  4. remove all files/directories from /userdata/cache
  5. remove all files/directories from /userdata/kar
  6. remove all files/directories from /userdata/tmp
  7. restart openHAB

When using an openHAB APT installation (with .deb files) on a something like a Raspberry Pi, then you can find:

• /conf directories under /etc/openhab2.
  • /userdata directories under /var/lib/openhab2.
2 Likes

Thanks. I found the addons directory still in the kar directory. For any following in my footsteps if you are doing an apt-get install, all the runtime/ directories are in your userdata folder.

1 Like

Yes you are correct! :blush: I’ve edited my first reply so people have the right answer immediately.

Unfortunately doing this seems to have messed up some things in my OH, though I haven’t had time to plumb the depths of the logs, the most annoying one is whenever I use the say() command in a rule now I get this

2017-04-26 18:24:46.538 [ERROR] [.script.engine.ScriptExecutionThread] - Rule 'Sonos State Machine': org.eclipse.smarthome.core.audio.FileAudioStream.<init>(Ljava/io/File;Lorg/eclipse/smarthome/core/audio/AudioFormat;)V

Though I did not update that binding, just the harmony binding so I didn’t expect anything else to change.

And the animated climaicons binding I got from somewhere is missing the i18n feature so it stopped working too.

2017-04-26 17:43:10.988 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.ui.iconset.climacons-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

It seems like there were somethings that the bindings install and put in the cache/tmp folders that aren’t re created after the reboot

Pulling the climacons .Jar, making sure it is uninstalled in the karaf console, then rebooting and re adding it seems to have fixed that dependency.

I’ll work on figuring out the others tomorrow