Strategies {
        everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
        everyHour   : "0 0 * * * ?"
        everyDay    : "0 0 0 * * ?"
    }

Items {
        * : strategy = everyChange, everyHour, restoreOnStartup
    }

the intention is that it will write a data point every hour or on change. But this stopped working last friday. it just works on change but not hourly anymore. As far as i know i didn’t changed anything.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Have you tried restarting OH?

Do you see any errors in openhab.log?

I checked both logs but did not find a suitable error messages.

Anyway I rebooted the whole system and now it seems to work again. But a strange behavior anyway. I would have expected that either all events would be recorded or no events.

I would look into the Items and the bindings to debug this one.
To me, it seems that the Influx persistence is working but OH2 doesn’t get updates from the Items to store in the DB (I maybe wrong). The third graph line shows data being collected and stored but with a lower frequency. Same with second line.

The device in the bottom got status changes and stored them the in the influx db. The other devices got no updates but should write an entry every hour. that worked to a certain point and then stopped. from this point only the status changes got stored and no hourly update has been made.

Anyway. after a reeboot of the system it now works as expected.

you are right. even if the devices did not report status updates, OH2 should have stored via the InfluxDB persistence service the (existing) states on everyHour (and it didn’t)

Nothing in the logs (either OH2 or Influx) that could be useful?

unfortunately not. There were some database connection errors but i get the from time to time (for example when Influx DB gets updated. But since no data is lost I considered this as solved but will keep an eye on this.

Thank you anyway

1 Like