[SOLVED] Can't set NEST structure away in OH2.3

Theres a “SHOW MORE” button at the top right of the channel list that will make the UI show the more “advanced” channels.

It could be that some channels that are part of the Nest API are still missing from the 2.0 Binding. Though most should be there.

Yes but just press “SHOW MORE” and you should see them.

You could write down all Device IDs, then remove all auto discovered Things and then manually add the devices again using the Inbox. Then you can choose your own Thing ID and enter the Device ID again. You could also create .things files using those Device IDs.

You can only change “demo_account” because it is the Thing ID. “nest” is the Binding ID and “account” is the Thing Type ID. Those IDs are hardcoded in the binding XML files.

You can mix them. But I’d stick to using one method per binding so it’s easy to still make sense of it. I don’t use the .things files myself except for testing if examples work. :wink:

Arrgh! I hate simple answers :wink: They just amplify my stupidity!

Cheers!

Number:Dimensionless Therm_Hum     "Humidity [%.1f %unit%]"

Displays

Humidity 55.0 one

one?

Number:Time Thermostat_FT_Duration "Fan Timer Duration [%d %unit%]"

Generates
Exception while formatting value '15' of item Thermostat_FT_Duration with format '%.0f %unit%': Conversion = 'u'

Please advise.

Mike

Number:Dimensionless Therm_Hum     "Humidity [%.1f %%]"

And assuming you want minutes:

Number:Time Thermostat_FT_Duration "Fan Timer Duration [%d min]"

@vzorglub,

re: "Fan Timer Duration [%d min]"

The Item definitions (Fan Timer & Humidity) I posted where as they are in the binding documentation. If those are not accurate, then the doc will need to be updated.

Having said that…

I had tried "Humidity [%.1f %%]" but then the display is 5000.00000 %

Mike

Mike try just one %

The %unit% on Fan Timer was causing the error. Hard coding the UOM resolved that one. So either documentation update required… or something else in the binding itself is needed?

The Humidity… I had tried %%. Then I tried your single % suggestion. That caused an error. So I went back to hard coding %%… and now the value displays properly as 60.0%. Not sure what was going there. I don’t like these kinds of problems that mysteriously resolve themselves. Nevertheless… this one is now OK.

My code worked as it should… Problem in my setup was that java runs out of memory after a week or so… and that just kills almost everything… But that’s for a different thread (but I will wait for 2.4 to see if that is fixed).

1 Like