[SOLVED]Completely erase RRD4J Database and start over from scratch

I have searched the community and could not find a way to do this, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Short Version: I have a bunch of my items persisted with RRD4j for charting purposes, like doors opening, motion detected, power consumption, temperature, etc. and I want to delete all of the RRD4J data and start over from scratch, how do I do this?

Long Version: I am seeing a “ghost” item on one of my charts. By that, I mean I am seeing two garage doors on my group chart for gDoors. The reason why I have two doors is that I had to exclude my garage door opener and then re-include it when I upgraded to a Aeontec z-Stick 5. I left the item name and label the same and changed the z-wave channel to reflect the new controller. I was getting an error on my chart saying that there were two items with the same name. So now I have “garage door” and “garage overhead door”. These are the same items, but only the “garage overhead door” exists in my items file. The other one, I am guessing is coming from the persistence data. I don’t care if I lose all of my persistence data, I just want to clear everything out and start over with a new database. What is the easiest way to do this?

~John

Delete the files in /userdata/persistence/rrd4j and restart openHAB. Those files will be recreated with “clean” data.

2 Likes

@sihui,

Thanks for the info, that is exactly what I was looking for. Just for my own curiosity, I tried stopping OpenHAB, then just deleting the gDoors.rrd file and restarting OpenHAB, but that did not work, it still retained the data somehow… So, I guess with RRD4J it is all or nothing… I deleted all of the rrd files and I have a clean slate! Thanks again for your help!

~John

1 Like