[SOLVED] Configuration Parameters menu missing from Z-wave device in HABmin - Remotec ZTS-500

Don’t make it too complicated, just grab the latest from here:

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.addons.bundles$org.openhab.binding.zwave/

2 Likes

The readme for the script has instructions for doing everything manually, including a URL for the latest snapshot of the binding. The link you used should be removed… it was used for testing. This is actually an option in the script too (the development option), since Chris sometimes provides builds for people to test.

Instructions for xstream are in there too! :wink:

1 Like

hits Bookmark button eighteen times

Perfect! I did not know this existed, thank you very much. Might I recommend that link be added to the zwave binding README on the Github front page? It might help others find the latest *.jar file.

Thanks for the tips. Which link?

Also, delete all your zwave Things & rediscover them.

This one:

This is not just a download page for the zwave binding, but also for the whole openHAB project, therefore you can find that link in the docs:

Snapshot: Benefit from the latest changes in the daily created snapshot (hosted on openhab.org).

Done.

Ah, oops. I’ll keep my recommendations to myself… :relaxed:

This one (Chris would have to remove it from his post)…

Upgrading to the latest Zwave binding snapshot did the trick. Configuration Parameters show up and can be updated via HABmin.

Many thanks for everyone’s help!

2 Likes

good catch Bruce
and also glad to see the parameters buggy squashed
@Diogenes please update the title of thread with [SOLVED] and put a check box in the post that helped you solve the problem (you did a lot yourself - good on you)

oh and @Diogenes additional question:
did you upgrade your OpenHAB version or just your zwave binding version?

yeah but issue was most probably because of transport serial package not installing which Diogenes was slick enough to pick up on his own
just curious
I am still on stable 2.4 but running a jar zwave, I way try the latest just to see if works

Just the binding, using the latest snapshot from the openhab website:
ci.openhab.org

2 Likes

awesome and great job

@Bruce_Osborne
Before making statements like this

I would recommend at least pre-qualifying this statement with 'if this is not a production installation ’ or some such before authoritatively recommending an upgrade of the entire platform from a stable version. People may be relying on things not breaking and an unneccasary upgrade could cause untold troubles.

see… not needed

correction:
update of OpenHAB is NOT needed!!!

There were bug fixes from 2.4 to 2.5M1 which makes the milestone even better and more reliable than the stable version.
In my 4 years of openHAB I have never used a stable version and did not get disapointed in doing that.

1 Like

Has anybody reverted from 2.5M1 back to 2.4 because of issues? Many moved from 2.4 to 2.5M1.

1 Like

I am on 2.4 stable and have so far found nothing that doesn’t work. The system is… well… stable. And believe me, I tinker… endlessly

OK… this is kind of goofy but quoting myself

I will expound on this a little bit
We have a user with a specific issue, a purely zwave issue.
With out asking if it is a production install or any other info about the setup, recommending an upgrade of OpenHAB that turns out was unnecessary is at best a small gamble. As Rich is fond of saying, each system is a ‘bespoke’ home automation system and unique. You don’t now which bindings are being run, custom scripts, who knows. An unnecessary upgrade ‘could’ break something.
I realize 2.5 has lot of fixes and enhancements and if we were on 2.5M6 or 8, (where we would have been normally) I’d be a little more comfortable recommending a upgrade to a milestone version from what is a very older version (2.4 stable) but with the reintegration, I can respect that folks might want to keep things running with a version they know works.
Diogenes (who’s been here a little longer then me) choose not to upgrade OpenHAB (against your advise) and fixed his problem.
@Bruce_Osborne and especially @sihui who is a legendary support guy since 2015, I am humbled to even say I would disagree with. Hope no offense. Just wasn’t necessary and a little dicey in my opinion but you guys are out here providing support and giving your time. Good on you both

In the past 4 months 2.5M1 has proved to be stable. It was released before the reintegration and build system overhaul. I recommended what I know to work. Apparently 2,4 can run the snapshot bindings too but I had not experienced that.

nothing wrong with recommending a version you know works Bruce, fair enough. We each have our own manner of providing support and we are volunteering our time for a great open source project and there are no guidelines for doing so and any contribution is appreciated by the community at large. You are doing a great job and really on the front lines last few months. Great job!

The problem was strictly a zwave issue. I am fascinated by watching Chris develop this binding and also the zigbee binding and read every post and follow along on git. The guy works for the european space program and is clearly a genius. so I remember this particular buggy being quashed and knew a upgrade of the binding would provide the cure.
It is more fun know you nailed the exact issue instead of the shotgun approach but hey… different styles of support but like I said, any contribution is super appreciated and thank you from all of us for your recent help!

oh and edit to add:
I am on 2.4 stable running zwave snapshot 2.5.0.201901280820
so it definitely works. I may download the latest jar and drop er in over the weekend and see if it still works just for fun