- Platform information: raspberry pi 2 latest raspbian
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
- OS: what OS is used and which version
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:2,4
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
When I reboot the Pi the z-stick controller number changes (or it might be due to trying to do off-line pairing, as I found the problem when I removed it to pair with a new Zooz switch). Thing discovery finds the ‘new’ stick (there’s only one of them) and I can change all items to match to new things but this is not a sustainable procedure.
For instance I have two z-stick things now, the old one is zwave:serial_zstick:1f16f561:serial_sof, but if I tell PaperUI to discover things it will find it but with a different controller number.
Port is /dev/ttyAMC0 like it always was. That doesn’t seem to change. As I said I can change all the items to the new controller number and it will all work again.
So I guess I don’t understand the underlying mechanism for assignment of the controller number and why it changes.