[SOLVED] Controlling Linux client with MQTT (or other possibilities)

Yes, it is similar in OH HomeKit addon, first you have to add a ‘Bridge’.
Thanks, I’m really waiting for it :slight_smile: Yes I’m hooked I already love this thing. Setting up to control through mqtt and even get responses on different topics took me 10 minutes or so…

And seeing in the HomeKit addon that I can add my AirPurifier and other things to HomeKit and have it more stable is what I’m waiting for :slight_smile: Anyway if you could include in the example, where you can find that which device type accepts what kind of data (for example.: Air Quality Sensor accepts Number formats? Air Purifier accepts ON/OFF switch or also a Number with the RPM?)

Thank you!

Hint for seeing what is available for any item:

Make an inject node that looks like this and send it right into a homekit item:

Then check out the “debug” in node-red where it will list all items available for that item (air purifier for your example).

This will make more sense in a little bit when I get my examples loaded.

…standby…

I have just changed a couple of pi-zeros from python scripts to node-red. Easy to maintain. Reliable…

Good idea…

2 Likes

Here’s one of each of my item types.

I actually am at 50 HomeKit items in node red these days…

The ads1115 is connected to the pi via i2c

So yes - go to “manage pallet” in node-red on that pi and search for ads1115.

This is the result I get - I can’t try it but you should be able to install this flow in node-red and be running pretty quick.

the other question . would I be able to read rs 485 and send the information to my MQTT and then to openHAB . this is the unit I am looking at .

Seems like yes? Node-red can read serial input/output on a pi. You’d only be limited on your ability to program node-red to read the data.

You’ll need the “Serial” input node in node-red.

I don’t have any serial devices so I’d be useless in figuring that out. The node-red forums may be a good place to start - just have to find someone who has used one of those devices…

Thank you alot.

Regards
Allen